nineteen

good morning lovelies! i hope everyone is doing amazing this fine saturday morning🥰

i will not be putting a series of trigger warnings because they contain spoilers for the end of the chapter. if you're hesitant about reading, feel free to message me for the warnings😚

also not proofread✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

word count: 4321

Aaron: "A purpose of human life, no matter who is controlling it, is to love whoever is around to be loved." Kurt Vonnegut.

Emily carefully made her way down the stairs. She had woken up at two o'clock in the morning to an empty bed.

Of course, she got up right away to search for the blonde woman. JJ sat on the couch with their TV on low volume. She was squinting her eyes as she looked down at her laptop. Emily managed to sneak up right behind her and wrap her arms around her chest. JJ jumped slightly before she caught the scent of Emily.

"There you are," Emily said softly as she leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to JJ's shoulder.

"Hey. What are you doing up?" JJ asked as she set her laptop aside and turned back to look at Emily.

"You left me in a cold bed. I had to come and find you," Emily said and nuzzled her face right against JJ's. The blonde woman smiled at the gesture.

"Come here," JJ said softly and tugged at Emily's arm. The raven-haired woman hopped over the couch and made herself comfortable right next to JJ. The blonde woman tilted Emily's head up by her chin and placed a gentle kiss on her lips.

"So what exactly got your attention instead of your girlfriend in a nice red silk nightgown?" Emily asked and swung her legs over JJ's lap. That's when Emily peeked over at the laptop. JJ leaned down and kissed Emily's neck gently.

"You look gorgeous. You'd look even more gorgeous with it off," JJ mumbled against her skin. She found Emily's sweet spot on her neck and started to give it attention. The blonde woman's hand went to caress Emily's thigh and back. "Let's take it off of you."

"Mmm, I love how you're trying to distract me so I don't go over there and grab your laptop to see what you were looking at," Emily said softly. JJ smiled against her skin. She could never keep a secret from Emily.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," JJ said and tried to kiss Emily's lips. The raven-haired woman pressed a finger to JJ's lips and pushed her away. JJ grabbed her hips and forced her down onto her lap, securing Emily to make sure she doesn't move.

"What are you hiding from me, Jareau?" Emily asked and raised an eyebrow. JJ scrunched up her face.

"What? Why would I hide something from you?" JJ said, her voice getting three octaves higher. She was lying to Emily. The raven-haired woman leaned down and wrapped a hand around JJ's throat as she kissed her. JJ's grip on Emily loosened which made Emily spring into action and grab the laptop. "Hey! That's not fair!"

"Shhh, you're going to wake up Carrie," Emily said, happily taking the laptop to the kitchen. She made herself comfortable on the kitchen stool. JJ rolled her eyes, getting up and following Emily. The raven-haired woman looked at all the houses JJ was looking at for sale. Emily looked over at JJ as she got mugs out for the two of them. "You're looking at houses?"