two

i just finished my first week out of four of this summer semester and my brain is already fried😭

anyways there's a question at the end of this chapter that i would greatly appreciate yall answering☺️

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: minimal swearing, mentions of suicide, mentions of violence, nightmares, trauma talk
word count: 3737

JJ: "When people speak, listen carefully and pay particular attention to what they are not saying." Wayne Gerard Trotmam.

"Carrie!" Emily yelled as she walked out of her bedroom. "You ready to go?"

She looked over at the door and didn't hear anything. Emily knocked on the door, but it slowly opened.

"Carrie?" Emily asked again and opened the door slowly. The teenager laid there on the floor. There was a pool of blood that surrounded her. Her wrist had deep cuts into them. Emily's eyes widened. A note was right next to her. In big words, it said: 'I'm sorry.' Emily immediately took the teenager into her arms. "Carrie!"

"Carrie!"

Emily shot up, now wide awake. The raven-haired woman was trying to catch her breath when she noticed where she was. She was in the jet. Specifically with all of her team members in it. They all looked over at her with such concern. All of them had never seen Emily have a nightmare before.

"Emily? You okay?" JJ said as she hovered over Emily. JJ's hands were gently placed on her shoulders. She was sweating from the dream. It felt a little too real for Emily's liking. The raven-haired woman was mumbling in her sleep and moving around, which sparked concern from everyone, especially for JJ. Emily looked around at her team members.

"Carrie? Where's Carrie?" Emily asked as she placed her hands on JJ's. The blonde woman's eyes widened as Emily tried to get up.

"Hey. Hey. Okay. Take it easy, Em. Carrie is at home, remember? Did you want to call her?" JJ asked and furrowed her eyebrows. "We're already on our way home. We'd land in about an hour."

"Yeah. Let me call her," Emily said and stood up. All of her team member's eyes were on her. She walked towards the back of the jet and grabbed her phone.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Carrie looked over at the phone and saw it was Emily. The teenager answered the phone as Sergio jumped on her lap.

"Hello?" Carrie said as she placed her notebook beside her. Since she had moved, Emily had convinced the high school Carrie attended to let her finish this semester online. The school, obviously, was more than understanding and cooperated with Emily fully. So, that meant for Carrie that she was lying around most of the day after she'd finish her assignments. It was much easier for her to go her own pace at home rather than at school stuck to a desk all day.

"Hey. You okay?" Emily asked softly. Carrie furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yeah, I'm fine. You said you were on your way home, right?" Carrie asked and looked towards the clock. It was about five o'clock in the evening.

"Yeah. I just had a nasty nightmare. I needed to see if you were okay," Emily said and ran a hand through her hair. JJ observed her. She hated to see Emily so stressed over something as little as a dream. Emily was like a statue most of the time around the team. It was unusual for her to get squirmish suddenly.

"I'm fine, Emily. There's no need to worry. Sergio has been keeping me company," Carrie said and smiled as she gently petted the cat. "And Clara. She came by, and the two of us had lunch together at around twelve-thirty before she went back to the office."