twelve

i'm am officially on the road for my vacation! so! if i do not answer y'all's lovely comments you know why🥰

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: swearing, mentions of alcohol consumption, anxious thoughts, stalking
word count: 3372

Aaron: "Everything you can imagine is real." Pablo Picasso.

"You have everything? You're ready?" Emily asked and looked through Carrie's backpack. Emily was semi panicking as she raced around the apartment. It was endearing for JJ to see her so worried for Carrie's first day of school.

"Can you calm her down please? I'm going to school, not to war," Carrie said and rolled her eyes. JJ chuckled as she walked up to Emily and grabbed her head, kissing her cheek sweetly. That seemed to do the trick. Emily immediately calmed down.

"Relax, Prentiss. She'll do fine," Clara said and ruffled Carrie's hair. Carrie rolled her eyes as she smoothed out her hair again.

"Plus, she has all of us behind her," Penelope said and patted the teenager's back. "She'll be fine, Em."

"Okay fine. Can I at least walk you to the train station?" Emily asked and crossed her arms. Carrie rolled her eyes as she nodded her head. Emily happily grabbed Carrie's lunch bag. She wanted to be helpful. All four women made their way to the subway station.

"Do you remember how to get there?" JJ asked and walked down the stairs right by Carrie's side.

"Two stops then walk to the left," Carrie said and nodded her head. Emily was stressed out, she didn't know how parents did this on a yearly basis.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Carrie's eyes widened as she saw Trevor's contact name pop up on her phone. Emily's eyes fell to the teenager's phone as she rushed the decline the call.

"Is that the Trevor from the gelato place?" Emily asked and wiggled her eyebrows. Carrie was at a lost for words as she looked around at all of the women surrounding her.

"I told you momma bear was going to find out eventually," Clara said and gestured to Emily. A woman crashed right into Clara at that exact moment. "Watch where you're fucking going, bitch!"

"It's painfully obvious sometimes that you were born and raised in New York," Emily said and shook her head. Clara simply shrugged her shoulders.

"This is why I didn't want you guys to come down to the station with me," Carrie said and rolled her eyes. Emily grabbed onto Carrie's shoulder and took one long look at Carrie before embracing her in a tight hug. "Emily. Too. Tight."

"Shit! Sorry," Emily said and pulled away. Her eyes watered as she looked Carrie. "You have a great first day at school, Carrie. Be careful. Don't talk back to your teachers. And we all took the day off today so if there's an emergency, you can reach us at any time."

"I got it," Carrie said and nodded her head. She waved and said her goodbyes to everyone before turning and heading towards the train doors. She stopped for a second before turning and running back into Emily's arms. The raven-haired woman embraced her in a tight hug once again. "Thank you for everything."

"Of course. Go make me proud," Emily said and patted the teenager's back as they broke away from each other. Carrie nodded her head and ran into the train. "Make good choices!"

"No promises!" Carrie yelled back as the train doors closed. Emily stood there and watched Carrie as the train took off.

"How do you feel?" Penelope asked and placed her hand gently on Emily's back. The raven-haired woman's bottom lip quivered.