sixteen

i want nothing more than to go and take a nap. but i cannot sadly😣

anyways, thank you all for nearly 6k on wattpad and 6k on ao3. y'all are truly the best🥳

also not proofread. i'm lazy ✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: mentions of stalking, homophobia, heavy amounts of swearing
word count: 3415

Penelope: "Anything worth having is worth fighting for." Susan Elizabeth Phillips.

"Carrie," Emily said and ran her hands over her face. "Let's just hear the suggestions, please."

"Am I going to get my heart cut out and have it punched into tiny star shapes," Carrie asked as she paced around Hotch's office. The raven-haired woman stood up. "What if they try to drown me while I'm showering?"

"Carrie," Emily said and grabbed onto the teenager's shoulders. "Enough with the thinking out loud. They're not going to do that. I won't let that happen."

JJ and Hotch both sighed softly as Carrie was moved to sit in between Emily and JJ. The teenager was fidgeting with her fingers.

"We'd have to put the three of you into protective custody," Strauss said and looked between the three women. "I don't want to see the situation escalate so much that the threats start to become more physical."

"It gets worse?" Carrie asked and widened her eyes.

"No. It's just a possibility it could," Hotch said and looked up at Strauss.

"What would happen to us?" JJ said and looked over at Emily. The two higher ups looked at each other and then back at them.

"You'd have to resign from the BAU," Hotch said softly. "That's if you go into protective custody. There is another option."

"And what's that?" Emily asked and crossed her arms. Both Hotch and Strauss sighed.

"You'd have an undercover agent full time with the both of you here as well as Carrie at school," Strauss said. "Now I don't advise that suggestion. But it's still on the table. Since neither of you are necessarily the age to retire, the money put towards your retirement plan wouldn't come in until you're the age of sixty five."

"Then we're doing that one," Emily said and clenched her jaw. JJ and Carrie both looked over at Emily. JJ stood up and placed her hand on the back of Emily's chair.

"Excuse us for a minute?" JJ asked over at Hotch and Strauss. Emily pursed her lips as she stood up and walked out of the room with JJ. Carrie immediately felt uncomfortable with Strauss and Hotch both looking at her.

"You do know that if they go into some sort of protection program, they'd have to tell the Ambassador, right?" Hotch said and looked up at Strauss. The blonde woman ran her hand down her face. That was a whole other thing of trouble. Carrie furrowed her eyebrows.

"Who's the Ambassador?" Carrie asked and looked back and forth between the two of them.

"Can we think about this for a second?" JJ asked and shut the door behind them. They had entered an empty conference room down the hall from where Carrie was.

"JJ. We're going to have to continue working at another place if we leave the FBI. I'm going to tell you right now, no other job is going to pay as good as this one. And it's a little late for the two of us to try and get into medical school with our psychology degrees," Emily said and held her hands out. JJ pushed back her hair behind her ears. "I say the agent is the best bet."