six

hello lovelies! happy saturday! i woke up in the best mood this morning ☺️

just a disclaimer before we start, i'm not very good at the whole talking through grieving thing so this chapter is a little rocky so yeah🤩

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: swearing, mentions of death, slight hallucinations
word count: 3613

Penelope: "Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart." José N. Harris.

"Stop being anxious," Carrie said as she sat on the bench with Emily. The raven-haired woman turned towards the teenager and furrowed her eyebrows.

"What are you talking about?" Emily asked and crossed her arms. Carrie's eyes went down towards her legs.

"You tap your foot and pick at your nails when you're nervous," Carrie said as she kept her eyes on the doors. Emily raised her eyebrows. Well, she just learned something about herself.

"Are you profiling me?" Emily asked and tilted her head. Carrie wore a loose smile on her face.

"Maybe. Maybe not," Carrie said and chuckled. "Profiling isn't that hard of a concept to grasp at."

"Okay. You can go chase the bad guys for me," Emily said and rolled her eyes. She swung her arm around Carrie. The teenager didn't hesitate to lean into her touch. "Are you sure you're okay with this? Are you ready?"

"I need to say some last goodbyes to them. Plus, it's a good way for me to show you around Denver. You know, before we go back home," Carrie said and nodded her head. Emily smiled softly as she pushed a strain of hair back from Carrie's face.

"Well, you know that I'll be right there with you every time you need me," Emily said and leaned her head against the top of Carrie's.

"For Emily?" the woman called out. The two of them got up from the bench and headed towards the lady.
Both grabbing their duffel bags for the trip. "We got you the Camry you requested. Here you go."

"Thank you," Emily said and grabbed the key from the woman. "You have a nice day."

Both Carrie and Emily headed towards the garage in search of the rental car. "So, does this mean I can drive?"

"Ha! Keep dreaming," Emily said and chuckled.

"You do realize I have to learn eventually right? I'm sixteen without a permit. That's lame," Carrie said and threw her head back. Emily chuckled and unlocked the car. Both of them threw the bags into the trunk.

"I'll tell you what. If we get checked into the hotel fast. Me and you can go look around for an empty parking lot and we can start trying," Emily said as both of them got into the car. Carrie's face lit up with a smile.

"Really?" Carrie asked in disbelief. Emily nodded her head before Carrie launched herself at her. "Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you."

Emily grunted as Carrie's weight crashed into her. She smiled as she patted Carrie's arm. "Come on, kiddo. Let's go."

Carrie had taken Tara's advice. She had made dinner for the two of them one night and made sure to clean the entire apartment. Emily's eyebrows raised as she walked into the apartment. But, needless to say, Emily was more than understanding that Carrie wanted to go see her family's graves for some closure.

JJ, however, was on the fence. She loved that Carrie was trying to be a good daughter and get her closure. But, she thinks it's too soon. It had only been a month since Carrie moved with Emily. But, no matter what, she would stand behind Carrie's decision.