ten

surprise! to everyone who didn't see we're going back to daily updates! i'm trying to push out as much as i can😅

this book is half way done! what are we feeling?😳

also this chapter is dedicated to my 🦐 happy birthday, lovely. i appreciate you everyday🤍 pagetownsme

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: mentions of alcohol, swearing, NSFW, smut, 18+, oral sex
word count: 3824

Spencer: "May you never be too grown up to search the skies on Christmas Eve." Author Unknown.

"Carrie!" Emily shouted from the bottom of the stairwell. "We're going to be late! And you know Penelope hates when we're late!"

"I'm coming!" Carrie shouted back as she practically ran down the stairs. It was Christmas for the BAU. They were actually meeting late Christmas Eve into the early morning hours of Christmas. It was the tradition for the BAU. Only this year, there was another person added to that tradition.

Carrie was excited, she loved this holiday the most. She even helped Penelope with making all different kinds of desserts for the party. Emily was thrilled to see Carrie so excited. Now, it was just hoping that this holiday goes a lot smoother than Thanksgiving.

Emily, JJ and Carrie all arrived at Rossi's house. Sneakily, Carrie had texted Penelope when they left to go ahead with their plan. The plus side of JJ and Will's relationship ending was that it opened the way for Emily and JJ to be together. And Penelope and Carrie were working tiredlessly to make that happen. Carrie would take care of them at the apartment, and Penelope would watch them at work.

Carrie immediately jumped out of the car with most of the presents in her hands. She made sure to be inside the house before JJ and Emily. The two women furrowed their eyebrows, but dismissed it as excitement.

"Carrie, honey! There's still more bag in the car!" Emily shouted as she and JJ made their way through the door. JJ had gone through the door first. The entire team sat and waited until they finished unloading the car. All of them acted like they were doing something important to avoiding helping. "Where's Carrie?"

"In the bathroom," Derek said and gestured towards the hallway. In actuality, Carrie was hiding behind the counter as Emily and JJ placed down everything. Clara was shielding her from the two momma bears as they placed things on the counter, just a few feet from Carrie. Both the women went back to the car, bringing in another round of gifts and treats they brought for the party. Both of them headed to the car to double check if there was anything else before making their way back into the house. Carrie finally revealed herself as they walked through the door.

"Oh, hold up!" Clara said and held her hand up. The two women stopped in their place. Everyone turned and their eyes widened as proud smiles took over their faces.

"What?" Emily asked and furrowed her eyebrows. All of the team pointed up. JJ and Emily both looked up and saw the mistletoe they were under. Both of them looked at each other as their lips parted.

"We don't really feel comfor—"

"We live together now—"

"No, no, no. A Christmas tradition is a Christmas tradition. You have to do it or else you'll have bad luck for the rest of the year," Penelope said and crossed her arms. Both JJ and Emily looked at each other. The two didn't know what to say. "Just give her a kiss for crying out loud."