bonus chapter: twenty-one

HELLO HELLO i bet you thought you've seen the last of this book😉

i couldn't help myself by doing on final chapter for all of those who were begging for this book not to be over. please read the note at the end of this chapter for more context😭

that's enough of me rambling and enjoy the final chapter of this book✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: mentions of alcohol consumption, slight swearing, mentions of death
word count: 3690

Trevor: "Who, being loved, is poor?" Oscar Wilde.

Four years later

"God, I'm going to pass out," Emily said and held a hand to her forehead. Carrie looked over her shoulder at the dramatic woman as JJ fanned her down.

"Mom was the one who wanted to come to the game. Blame her," Carrie said and gestured to JJ. The blonde woman gave her a look to shut up before Emily turned her dagger eyes to JJ. Carrie held her hands up in surrender as Trevor finally made his way up to them. His task was to park the car and meet the family at the seats.

"Come on! This is one of the only times we can see Yale vs Georgetown. It'll be great!" JJ said and wrapped an arm around Emily. The blonde woman happily kissed Emily's cheek in excitement. "I'll buy you lunch and maybe some alone—"

"Alright, that was your one innuendo pass," Carrie said and made a look of disgust. The two mother smiled at each other before locking hands and making their way to the stadium.

"Georgetown for the win!" Trevor shouted as he and JJ happily wore their Georgetown gear. It was endearing for Carrie to see. Trevor made it a point to visit JJ and Emily as often as he could while in school. It gave Carrie some peace of mind since she was officially moved out of the house and five hours away at Yale.

"I better not hear a word claiming foul play when your team loses," Carrie said and pointed her finger at JJ and Trevor. Emily and her chuckled before high fiving.

"Yeah whatever," JJ said as she bumped her hip against Carrie's. The four of them made their way down to their section before finding their seats. Luckily for JJ and Trevor, they were playing at Georgetown. They were surrounded by fellow proud alumni and current students that were shouting for their team.

"We need a drinks and there's no way I'm being hounded by Georgetown reps," Carrie said and grabbed onto JJ's hand. "Trevor, take care of my mom please and make sure she doesn't murder anyone."

"Yes ma'am," Trevor said as he leaned down and kissed Carrie sweetly. Both JJ and Emily smiled as they broke away from each other.

"Come on, Carrie," JJ said and shooed Carrie with her hand. The two women made their way up the stairs before disappearing into the crowd.

"So, Miss Prentiss," Trevor said ran his hands down his pants. Emily squinted her eyes at Trevor's nervousness.

"Trevor, we've talked about this," Emily said and looked over at the man. He smiled nervously as he swallowed hard. "Miss Prentiss is my mom and unless you want to lose an eye, just call me Emily."

"Alright," Trevor said and laughed. "Emily. I uh, I need to ask you something."

"Oh?" Emily asked and looked at him with curiosity. Trevor was trying to figure out the right words as he bounced his foot up and down. Emily slid over to sit right next to him and crossed her legs. "Come on, Trevor. Spit it out. Don't make me profile you for it."