three

i'm like actually not okay. i ran into my ex and i was like 😀 the entire time as she rambled about her life and her new girlfriend (aka the girl she told me not to worry about) so salem is not in a good mood right now 😀

NOT proofread since i'm too emotional i'll just do like a mass update at the end of the book oops ✌️🥴

also! i will be updating the book to include the quotes at the beginning and end of the chapters so please ignore the two notifications from this book😁

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: minimal swearing, jealousy
word count: 3248

Penelope: "Her skin smells of vintage books and pale moonlight, exotic things, forbidden loves and rainy nights." Melody Lee.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Carrie looked over to the door and furrowed her eyebrows. It was five oclock in the evening. Emily was suppose to be home soon. So, who would be knocking?

She carefully made her way to the door and looked through the peephole. She saw two familiar faces on the other side that made her smile. Carrie didn't hesistate to open the door.

"Hello!" Spencer and Penelope both shouted as the door opened. Carrie gave the two of them a confused smile as Penelope embraced her in a hug.

"God, it feels like forever since I've seen you. Well, it's been a week but that's practically forever," Penelope rambled as she pulled away from Carrie. That's when she noticed the two had offerings in their hands. Spencer was holding a dish of what looked to be of a desert of some sort while Penelope held a bag with two bottles inside.

"Spencer. Penelope. What are you guys doing here?" Carrie asked and looked back and forth between the two. The two looked at each other with confused looks.

"It's family dinner. Didn't Emily tell you?" Penelope asked as her and Spencer made their way to the kitchen of the apartment. Carrie shut the door as she followed them.

"Every month, the BAU team has a dinner to relax and to take a breather. It's for sanity and family bonding purposes," Spencer said as he nodded his head. "This time it was Emily's turn to host. I guess she forgot to tell you about our family tradition."

"Which reminds us, Emily said she'd be running late because she's all backed up on files. Her, Derek, and JJ should be coming together," Penelope said and gently patted Carrie's back. The teenager just nodded her head. "So, Spencer and I were here to keep you company and be the first ones to arrive."

"Is it just files that's keeping Emily behind?" Carrie asked and wiggled her eyebrows. Penelope's jaw dropped. Spencer's face scrunched up in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Spencer asked as he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Oh, I love having a mini Prentiss around. It's like gossiping with the adult size one," Penelope said as a smile crept up on her face. "Has she said anything? What do you know?"

"Said anything about what?" Spencer asked as he leaned against the counter.

"Not lately. I've just been waiting to ask. But, whenever I do she goes total mom mode about me metaling into her life. I still think she's avoiding talking about it because she'll have to admit that I was right about it," Carrie said and rolled her eyes. "Has she said anything at work?"

"Guys?" Spencer asked as he was now more confused than ever.

"No but they keep dancing each other. Like small little touches and cute little smiles when they run into each other in my office. I just want to smash their faces together to finally get them to kiss so the tension can finally be cut," Penelope said and smiled widely. "They'd be so cute together."