eight

pray for me y'all i have quizzes and papers and my finals week of summer semester starts tomorrow. i'm going to be crying all week✌️😗

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: swearing, mentions of violence
word count: 3505

Derek: "When twin flames find one another. It starts the process of self-healing on emotional, mental, and physical level." Lala Agni.

"And I just have one final question," Tara said and looked over at Carrie. The teenager was fidgeting with her hands as usual. Tara's eyes fell to this nervous tick. "Is there anything in particular you'd like to tell me about? I notice you've been a little vague this session. And, the last thing I'd want you to do is to keep something in."

"I'm nervous," Carrie said and gulped softly. Tara raised her eyebrows to make the teenager continue. "I'm only a two weeks from transferring schools and I'm a little nervous about the change that's going to happen. Emily made sure to pick a good high school. But, it just won't be the same for me."

"Are you going to get involved in any school activities? It could really help take your mind off of the nerves of transferring schools," Tara said and tilted her head to the side. Carrie pursed her lips. "There's always sports or maybe an art club or something? I know Emily has an act for drawing."

"I do like to draw. I suck at it, but it's always been a hobby of mine," Carrie said and shrugged her shoulders. "I guess I'm just worried about everyone finding out and making fun of me for it."

"Carrie," Tara said softly. "Kids are assholes. But, I don't think they would take it that far. Plus, you have the whole FBI behind you if that's the case."

"You're right. But, I just don't want to be the odd kid out. There's always that one kid that nobody knows because they joined the school late. And I don't want to be that kid. Everyone there has already been in school with each other for probably years. And I'm coming in and just—I don't know," Carrie said and sighed. "I miss my old friends and Trevor."

"Trevor?" Tara asked and raised an eyebrow. Carrie cleared her throat nervously. "Who's Trevor?"

"He's a guy from my old school. When Emily and I went to go to Colorado, we saw him working at a gelato place. He was nice to me both before and after everything," Carrie said and smiled softly. Tara wore a proud smile on her face. "We almost dated, but like not really. He's just been texting me and checking in. I don't know, like how a guy does? He's really sweet."

"Do I want to ask if the mother figure in your life knows?" Tara asked and bit her lip as she shook her head slightly. Carrie smiled innocently.

"Emily teased me relentlessly the entire flight home! If she finds out I'm texting this guy, she'll totally go mom mode, or make fun of me until I die. And at this point, I don't know which is worse," Carrie said and rolled her eyes making Tara laugh. Tara's phone alarm went off, signaling that the session was over.

"Well, next session you can tell me more about this Trevor. He seems like a nice guy for you," Tara said and chuckled as she stood up. "Come on, Emily is probably waiting for you."

"Actually, she's at the doctor's getting her hand checked out from the Thanksgiving beat down," Carrie said making Tara scrunch up her face. She would have paid good money to see Emily in a physical fight. "So, I'm just going to go with Penelope."

"Penelope?" Tara asked as she started to get a little nervous. Carrie raised her eyebrows. "Your unofficial godmother Penelope? Colorful Penelope?"