eighteen

are y'all ready? two chapters to go! even i'm getting anxious😃

also not proofread ✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: NSFW suggested, gun usage, stalking, homophobia, swearing
word count: 3660

Rossi: "Courage is knowing what not to fear." Plato.

A year and a half later:

JJ and Derek ran into the school. The two of them out of breath as they made it just in time. The rest of the team raised their eyebrows.

"Hey! There you two are! I thought you'd miss it," Hotch said and chuckled as Derek bent over to catch his breath.

"Are you kidding? Emily would kill us," Derek said and looked over at the raven-haired woman. She tilted her head as a pondering thought took over her face. She'll admit, she thought about it as time had inched closer without word from the two.

"Hi," JJ said as she finally had caught her breath and smiled widely. Emily was about to make a comment when JJ grabbed her face and kissed her passionately. The raven-haired woman practically melted in her arms. When JJ pulled away, Emily's eyes were still shut. The blonde woman ran her thumbs over Emily's cheeks as she smiled at the raven-haired woman.

"What was that for?" Emily asked, still in bliss. JJ smiled widely as she leaned her forehead against Emily's.

"As an 'I'm sorry I was late' and a 'just because' kiss," JJ said softly. Right when they were about to connect their lips again, a pamphlet was thrown at them.

"Get a room you two," Clara said and groaned. Elizabeth was the last one to show up as they all waited for the doors to open. The older woman happily offered both JJ and Emily a kiss on the cheek as a greeting before making her rounds of saying hello to the rest of their team members, Tara, and Clara.

It was Carrie's first art show. She had worked tirelessly on these art pieces for a while now. Emily, being a nightowl that she was, would constantly find Carrie passed out from exhaustion in her room with all the lights on and pencil in hand. Emily would always make sure to put Carrie's art work away properly and wake up the teenager to get her to bed. It warmed JJ's heart when she would catch Emily tilting her head at the random drawings and practice doodles all over Carrie's notebooks and random pieces of paper. Emily always tried to understand what Carrie was drawing. She had learned from her daughter the art of interpretation in her drawings. Now, it was a force of habit to imply a mental interpretation to Carrie's artwork. Emily enjoyed it, it gave her both an understanding and insight of the teenager. Plus, it also led to deeper conversations between the two.

"This is exciting. Also, I already talked to the mini Prentiss. Carrie would like to go to The Red Hen. And she already says her apologizes to Uncle David for choosing that restaurant since she knows he doesn't like it," Penelope said and placed her hand on Rossi's arm. The man was shaking his head as he looked down at the ground.

"Why don't you like it?" Tara asked as she stood proudly next to Penelope. The team warmly welcomed the woman to their family as Penelope announced the two had started to date about two months ago.

"Nobody can make better pasta than me," Rossi said and held up a finger. The team bursted out laughing as Rossi tried to defend his cooking skills. Elizabeth watched and smiled softly at the team's dynamics. She was happy that Emily had found her own little family. They obviously made the raven-haired woman happy beyond words.

"But they have a wider wine selection than the three bottles you have at home," Derek said as he patted Rossi's chest. The older man turned to him, causing Derek to put his hands up in surrender and hide himself behind Hotch and Clara.