seven

hello loveliessss. i hope you all are having a fantastic day! i'm dreading this weekend since i have my midterm for my class🥲

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: swearing, mentions of alcohol, drinking, mentions of violence, mentions of cheating!
word count: 3450

JJ: "No longer trusting someone is even more saddening if you still love them." Mokokoma Mokhonoana.

It was Thanksgiving time for the BAU, and the entire team had poured into Rossi's house. All of them bringing their speciality dishes.

"I don't know what this is, but it looks healthy," Carrie said and scrunched up her face. Spencer and Penelope chuckled as they helped display everything. "What is it?"

"It's a vegan cauliflower stuffing. Eat your vegetables, they're good for you," Emily said and gestured towards Penelope who was smiling proudly. She had obviously been the one to make it. Carrie scrunched up her face before grabbing the spoon and serving herself the minimum of the stuffing.

"Please tell me everything else isn't vegan," Carrie whispered over to Spencer. The man smiled softly before shaking his head.

"Has anyone seen JJ?" Derek asked and furrowed his eyebrows. All of their eyes fell to Emily.

"What?" Emily asked and looked around the group. All of them wore looks of curiousity. "I don't know where she is! She hasn't texted me."

Right when Rossi was about to open his mouth to comment, there was a knock at the door. Hotch raced to open it and smiled widely as JJ walked in with two bottles in her hand. Specifically one red and one white bottle of wine. Everyone embraced JJ into a group hug as she was one of the last ones to arrive. The blonde woman chuckled as she looked over at Emily.

The entire team broke off and continued to prep all of the food for when they'd serve themselves. Emily opened the cabinet and reached up to get some wine glasses for all of them when she felt a hand on the small of her exposed back. She instantly recognized the touch and smiled softly over at JJ.

"Hey, JJ," Emily said and handed her a wine glass. That's when she saw it. JJ's bright blue eyes were glossy with tears. The raven-haired woman furrowed her eyebrows as she placed her hand gently on JJ's arm. "JJ?"

"I need to talk to you," JJ said and blinked rapidly to prevent tears falling on her cheeks. Emily's mind was racing a million miles an hour as she looked over at the team. All of them were very much occupied with their own things. Emily nodded her head as she placed her hand on JJ's back and lead her away from the crowd.

"Where's Emily?" Carrie asked Penelope as she scanned the room. The two women furrowed their eyebrows as Emily disappeared from literal thin air. Both shrugged their shoulders before turning their attention back to the group.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"I'll get it," Aaron said and got up from his seat. He made his way towards the door and opened it. He didn't even have time to process who it was as he stormed into the house.

"Where is she?" Will asked Aaron as he stepped into Rossi's house. His eyes glanced over the living room before they landed on JJ and Emily. The raven-haired woman was in a world of rage as she looked at him. He could literally see the fire coming from Emily's chocolate brown eyes. "Come on, Emily. What did she say?"

"Emily?" Carrie called out as Emily made her way across the room. The second she got close enough, Emily threw a punch that sent Will to the ground. The team scrambled to grab both Emily and Will. The woman hit him one, two, three times again, making his noise bleed.