twenty

AHHHH congratulations to making it to the end of this book! i'm so sad to see this book ending but! it's been fun🥰

also not proofread✨

i will not be putting a series of trigger warnings on this chapter since they do contain spoilers. if you're hesitant to read, please feel free to message me for the warnings😁

word count: 5640

Carrie: "When people don't express themselves, they die one piece at a time." Laurie Halse Anderson.

Emily and JJ both got out of the ambulance. Both of them were covered in blood as they ran with the gurney. Carrie was being rushed into immediate surgery to stop the internal bleeding happening in her abdomen.

"Ma'am. Ma'am," a nurse said as she put her arms out for Emily and JJ. The two women's eyes never left the gurney that was rushing down the hallway.

"That's our daughter. We have to be over there with her," Emily said and tried to get around the nurse. She only stopped her once again.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. Only staff members are allowed over here," the nurse said. Emily grabbed her badge from her back pocket, opening it for the woman.

"Here's my badge, take it if you need it. I just need to be with my daughter," Emily said and handed the nurse her badge. JJ finally had snapped out of her daze and stood in front of Emily.

"Emily. Emily," JJ said as she pressed her elbows into the raven-haired woman's chest, not wanting to get Carrie's blood on her. "Look at me."

Emily locked eyes with JJ. The raven-haired woman had so many different emotions were happening behind her eyes at that current moment.

"Let's wash up so we can wait for Carrie," JJ said and nodded her head slightly. Emily was completely frozen. If it wasn't for the pounding heartbeat happening in her chest and visually on her carotid, JJ would have thought Emily was a statue. "Do you have somewhere we can wash up?"

"Of course, this way," the nurse gestured towards the  restroom. Emily was tugged along but JJ and the nurse. Her eyes never left the door that they rolled the gurney down.

JJ and Emily both silently washed themselves up. See the blood of their daughter on their hands made both try their hardest to hold back tears. They needed the other now more than ever. Both women had made their way to the waiting room. JJ nor Emily were saying anything as they were on opposite sides of the room. JJ was bouncing her leg up and down as she tried to relieve some of her anxiety. Emily had taken her place standing up and looking out the window at the busy city of Washington DC.

"Who was that, Emily?" JJ asked as she didn't look up from her hands. Emily looked back at JJ, she was playing with the necklace the blonde woman had gotten her for her birthday years ago.

"Who was who—"

"Don't play dumb with me right now," JJ said and finally looked up at Emily. Anyone could practically see the fire coming off of JJ's body. She was more than mad, she was furious. "I am sick and tired of the secrets that you and Elizabeth have been keeping. You haven't said a single word about this stalker since the last note. You and your mother went in a room and consulted and haven't talked to any of us about it since!"

"You don't understand," Emily said softly as she walked towards JJ. The blonde woman stood up and clenched her jaw.

"Then explain it! Either you tell me right now or don't bother coming home. If Carrie dies—" JJ said and stopped herself. She ran her hands down her face and tried to keep her composure. The last thing she wanted was to lash out on Emily. The raven-haired woman just stood there with her mouth hung open. "Tell me who the hell that woman was that felt the need to shoot at Carrie. Who was that woman that I killed, Emily? Or, so help me God, I will fly to France and ask Elizabeth myself."