Chapter 1: American Exchange

Hello there. My name is Percy Jackson, though I suppose you already know that. I wanted to tell you about the weirdest quest I was sent on, going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Perhaps you've heard of it? So, it was around a month after the Second Titan War, Kronos had been defeated (*cough* you're welcome *cough*), and the recovery was taking a toll on everyone, especially Annabeth. She was not healing as fast as they thought. Which she hated. My Wise Girl kept saying how awful it was being dependent on other people. I found that ironic, because that was how we met; her, taking care of me. So, I spent most days just sitting with her, and talking. We were finally dating, and it was going great. But one day, Nico, Thalia, and I were called down to the Big House, by Chiron.

           I looked down, and saw the grass crumple under my feet. I was cutting across the yard, to get to one of the walking paths ahead. I turned my attention forwards again, and saw Thalia and Nico walking down the path. They seemed to be arguing, not surprising, and I sprinted down to them.

           "Hey Kelp Head," Thalia greeted me. I rolled my eyes, and said hello to Nico.

           "Percy, do you know why Chiron wants to speak to us?" Nico asked.

           "I told you already, I'm sure it's nothing," Thalia glared at Nico, who muttered a response under his breath.

           "So nice to have you back, dear cousin," I looked towards Thalia with a sarcastic smile, "Now, when do you meet up with the Hunters again?"

           "Artemis told me I needed to stay here for a while. But hopefully soon," Thalia responded, looking forward to see we had reached the Big House. We walked inside, and saw Chiron.

           As we walked up to the centaur, he looked hesitant, before saying, "Hello you three. I have unfortunate news," Chiron paused, unsure how to phrase his next sentence, "It has been requested, you go on a quest."

           "What!" Nico yelled. His face turned pale.

           "I said you three have been asked to go on a quest," he repeated.

           "What about Annabeth?" I asked.

           "She needs us, she is injured, and I have to get back to the hunters," Thalia added.

           "Artemis has been informed," Chiron explained, "As for Annabeth, she is still recovering."

           "No. We need her," I cried, a little embarrassed at my desperation. I couldn't go on a quest without her, and the thought of her here without me.

           "Percy, I'm sorry, but the matter is urgent. She will not recover in time. Just think of it as cousin bonding time." Chiron tried to add, positively.

           I just defeated a titan, worked my butt off for the last five years, and my girlfriend almost died. But no, we wouldn't be allowed to rest, or have a normal life. Because, I get another quest. Isn't that just my awesome luck?

           "Fine, what is the quest?" I asked.

           "You will be going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry," The centaur explained.

           "Witches like burned at the stake?" I asked cautiously, "Because I don't do the whole dying thing well".

           "Yes Percy, we are going to get burned," Thaila said sarcastically.

           "Now," Chiron warned, "Hecate will occassionally bless a few mortal families, and they become wizards with magic powers. However, some families belive they are better since their whole family was blessed with magic."

           "Well thats stupid," Nico scoffed.

           "Yes," Chiron agreed, "They call themselves Pureblood, there is also halfbloods, and Muggle born."

           "Muggle born, what's a Muggle?" Thalia asked.

           "A person who contains no magic, like a mortal," He answered, "Muggle borns are the only ones in their family to have magic."

           "So how do we do magic exactly?" Nico asked.

           "With wands," Chiron answered.

           He handed us each a wooden stick. Which, I'm guessing are what wizards called wands.

           "You will be staying with a nice pureblood family named the Weasleys until school starts," Chiron added.

           "Great we're going to school," I muttered.

           "Now nobody knows you are demigods. Remeber, the Wizards do not know the true origin of their powers," He warned, "They believe you are American Exchange students, from another Wizard School here called Ilvermony. Only the headmaster Albus Dumbledore does."

           So now, the three of us are on our way from New York to London. Of course, Chiron picked the best method of travel for us: flying.  Thalia, with her fear of heights, refused to sit next to the window so I had to. But luckily Zeus seemed to be in a good mood because we were still alive by the time the plane landed. Though, I think Thalia being there was some of it. But, you never know with Zeus.

           After we got off the plane and got our bags, we started to look for the family. It occurred to me, Chiron didn't tell us what they looked like. However, Thalia soon found eight people holding a sign, six with vivid red hair.  After a while Thalia figured out it said Thalia The Great, Nico the angle, and Percy Jacks mum. Well, at least that was the best we could read. So, we figured that must be for us

           "Hi, I am Percy Jackson," I introduced, "Are you the Weasleys?"

           "Yes we are, I am Arthur," he said, "This is my wife Molly, and a few or our children Fred, George, Ron, and Ginny."

           "Nice to meet you I am Thalia, and that is Nico," Thalia responded.

           "I can introduce myself," Nico grumbled.

           "No, you can't Death Breath," Thalia shot back.

           "Death Breath?" A kid who looked similar to me asked.

           "Oh, and these are Ron's friends Hermione Granger, and Harry Potter," He added. I looked towards the other two kids. The girl had a head full of curls, and the boy had messy black hair.

           "Well dears, I suppose you must be tired. We should head back to the burrow so you can rest," Molly said.

           The group of us started to walk away, but I couldn't help wonder 'what is a burrow?'. Do they live underground? I did not sign up for living underground. Come to think of it, I didn't sign up for any of this. Not this quest, not leaving Annabeth, and definitely not being a Demigod.