Chapter 12: The Goblet of Fire

After around a month of classes, it was finally time for the Tri-Wizard Cup. The two other schools had arrived today, and hogwarts was abuzz with chatter.

"What do you think they will be like?" Hermione asked Thalia as we were walking to diner. The two girls had grown rather close.

"I don't know," Thalia responded.

We had spent the morning watching the schools arrive at Hogwarts. Beauxbaton flew in, in a carriage pulled by horses. I thought that was pretty cool, until I saw Durmstrang. They came by boat, that was travel I liked. Flying, not a fan even with horses, but sailing was in my blood. Literally.

Anyways, it was now time for the feast and a proper introduction. So we were all called down to the Great Hall. Inside, there was a large swarm of people. The Beauxbatons and Durmstrang kids joined us inside. Ron was getting all flustered over on of the boys, because he was some important guy on some Quidditch team. I didn't really understand it, I'm not really a sports fan.

Now, what I was really excited for, was the feast. There was food from different nationalities, there was meats, breads, fruits, vegetables, I could go on and on. I have really grown accustomed to the delicious food at Hogwarts.

Once we were all extremely full, Dumbledore stood up similar to the feast last month.

He cleared his throat before saying, "Welcome to all our new guests, we are very happy to have you. Now what we all are waiting for, the Goblet of Fire."

Dumbledore waved his wand, and a hund cup flew out. It was silver with green flames coming out the top.

"In order to enter you must write your name on a piece of paper, and throw it into the goblet," Dumbledore said, "But remember you must be seventeen or older, otherwise you will not be able to enter."

We all exited the Great Hall, anxious for tomorrow when the champions will be revealed. When we got back to the common room, people were already writing their names down to enter. Fred and George were trying to come up with a plan on how to get past Dumbledore's security, much to Hermione's dismay.

"We could use an aging potion!" Fred shouted enthusiastically.

"Don't you think Dumbledore would have thought about that already?" Hermione asked.

"Oh, you're no fun Hermione," Ron muttered.

Before we knew it, Nico, Thalia, Ron, Harry, Hermione, and I were walking down to the Great Hall the following evening. I was pretty excited for watching the tournament. Even though I'm not really a Hogwarts student, it will be fun to cheer on their champion.

We sat down at the Gryffindor Table, and waited nervously.

"Percy, who do you hope is chosen?" Harry asked me.

"Uh- I don't really know anybody. What about you?" I said.

"I just want a Gryffindor, I hope it's not Cedric Diggory," Ron interrupted.

"There is nothing wrong with him Ron," Hermione reasoned. Ron glared at her, and she decided to stop talking.

Once everyone had settled into the hall, the food appeared and we ate. I was really liking these feasts, I hope we had a lot more. Then, it was time for the Goblet to chose the champions. Dumbledore walked over to the cup, and the flames sparked. He reached in and grabbed a piece of paper.

Pausing for dramatic effect, Dumbledore read, "From Beauxbaton, Fleur Delacour."

I heard the hall break into courteous applause. A girl around my age stood up, and walked to Dumbledore. He motioned Fleur to head to a room. The goblet sparked again, and Dumbledore grabbed another piece of paper.

"From Durmstrang, Viktor Krum."

The crowd once again cheered. The boy Ron was fascinated with stood up, and walked to the front. He also went to the room. Now, the only champion left was from Hogwarts. Eagerly, the Hogwarts students fell extremely quiet. Similar to the suspense before we start a game of capture the flag at camp. The goblet cracked. And Dumbledore slowly reached down.

Clearing his throat, Dumbledore announced, "From Hogwarts, Cedric Diggory!"

The Hufflepuff table next to us exploded into loud applause and cheers. We also clapped along politely, although no where near as enthusiastic as them. Cedric stood up and followed the other two into the room. Once the crowd settled down, Dumbledore moved to give a speech, when the goblet sparked again. The hall broke into quiet murmurs as Dumbledore reached into the Goblet.

Pulling out a slip of paper, Dumbledore shouted, "Harry Potter!"

All the heads in the Hall turned to Harry, who looked like he was going to faint. I felt rage building up inside me, and I clenched my fist. Nico and Thalia, also looked like they were going to scream. Harry slowly stood up, and walked to the front. Dumbledore gestured for him to go to the room with the champions. The other headmasters followed.

Once they left, I could no longer contain my rage.

"Di Immortals," I swore.

"How did he put his name in? We were with him the whole time?" Thalia leaned across the table to whisper to us.

The Hall was beginning to exit. I noticed Ron was already gone. Hermione was standing next to us, unsure of what to do. We walked back to the Gryffindor House. Once we opened up the painting, a party was forming. It seemed the Gryffindor's were ignoring the scandal, and chose to celebrate a Gryffindor champion.

"Seriously?" I looked to the others, "They're partying?"

"I just want to go to bed," Nico groaned.

We all nodded in agreement, and parted ways. Nico and I walked up to our dorm, and found Ron sitting on his bed. He didn't say anything to us, so we just changed into our pajamas. After a couple minutes our door opened and Harry walked in. Ron's ears turned bright red, and he looked upset.

"Harry what in Hades name were you thinking? You could get killed!" I shouted at him.

"Percy, I swear I didn't enter my name. Someone must have entered me," Harry pleaded.

"Oh why would someone do that?" Ron snapped.

"Ron?" Harry looked defeated.

"Harry, we believe you," Nico said, as I nodded in agreement.

"Oh bloody hell, not you too," Ron groaned. He rolled over to his bed, and pretended to be asleep.

Harry looked hurt, and changed into his pajamas, before lying down on his bed. I looked at Nico, who gave me an unsure look. I got up and turned off the lights, before lying down myself. This had not turned out like I had expected, and this quest was just getting worse.