Chapter 20: Voldemort

I looked around, we were standing in a graveyard. There were two figures walking towards us, and Thalia instinctively covered us with mist. We crouched down beneath a tombstone, and waited.

           The smaller figure said something, I couldn't quite make out, and the larger one waved their wand shouting, "Avada Kedava".

           I recognized this curse. It was the killing curse, I looked over to Harry and Cedric. Harry was grabbing his head, wincing. But he was alive. However, Cedric had collapsed onto the yellowish grass. Harry was leaning over him, crying. Cedric was dead.

           The larger man grabbed Harry, and I looked over to Nico and Thalia. They warned me not to interfere yet, we needed to see what happened. He tied Harry to a tombstone near a large cauldron. He dropped the smaller person inside of it, then started saying weird stuff. Grabbing a knife, he cut off his hand and threw it into the bowl. I felt my stomach comtents rising, as I tried to hold back my vomit. I had seen plenty of gore on monsters. I mean most of it I caused. But on a human, it was a new level.

           The man moved towards Harry with a knife. Realizing what he was going to do, a moment too late. I jumped up whispering, "the blood."

           I was thrown back, as soon as the larger man tossed the knife in. There was a loud bang, and a much taller man stood up in the cauldron. He was long and willowy, with a very flat nose. He stepped out of the cauldron and onto the dead grass. The first man was on his knees, weeping at the new man. He grabbed the first man's arm, and pushed down on his tattoo. A large swarm of people started to appear.

           Looking at Thalia, and Nico, I knew this was when we needed to act. I uncapped Riptide, and saw Thalia had her shield. Nico grabbed a long sword, that I wasn't really sure where he was keeping. We jumped out from our hiding spot, and the man backed away in surprise. Harry looked at us, stunned.

           "Who are you?" He asked.

           "That depends really, who are you?" I raised Riptide slowly.

           "Percy, that is obviously Voldemort," Thalia looked at me irritated, "Who else would he be?"

           "Well in that case, we're your worst nightmare," I shouted.

           We charged towards Voldemort and his crowd of people. A lot of them fell unconscious, after we hit them. A few tried to cast spells at us, but we ducked out of the way. We were winning it seemed. There were only a few left, when I felt my legs go limp. I couldn't move. I saw Nico and Thalia do the same.

           Voldemort was standing behind us with his wand raised. He had hit us with some sort of spell.

           "Now, who are you?" He ushered his people back, so he could look right at us.

           "I am Percy, son of Poseidon," I grunted.

           "You're demigods?" He laughed, "Why didn't you say so? We're practically cousins."

           "What?" Thalia asked. She was struggling to move as well.

           "I am a son of Hecate, her favorite son," He laughed evily.

           I looked to Thalia and Nico. We hadn't prepared for this. But knowing he was a demigod made one thing easier. Fighting him.

           "We already know your plan," Thalia responded, "You're too late, the other gods know about your mothers plans. They stopped her."

           Voldemort shook his head, "My plan was never really involving my mother. I just used her to make sure our guest got here."

           He motioned towards Harry, who if on cue piped up, "What is going on?"

           I shushed him, and turned back to Voldemort, "The gods don't like it when you use them."

           "It doesn't matter. I can defeat them. I am more powerful!" His swarm of followers shouted in agreement.

           "That's your biggest error," Nico warned, "Never think you are more powerful than the gods."

           I felt the spell beginning to wear off, and used this as my chance. Voldemort was distracted and didn't notice me grab my blade.

           "Hey Nico, he never asked you who your parent is," I called to Nico loudly.

           "You're right Percy!" Nico said, getting Voldemort's attention, "I'm a son of Hades."

           "Which means," I looked at Voldemort, whose face began to fall, "You're the idiot who brought a son of Hades to a graveyard!"

           On cue, Nico stood up and raised his arms. Dozens of skeletons climbed out of the ground and surrounded us. They charged Voldemort's crowd, who started to flea immediately. All around, they were disappearing. Thalia started controlling the winds, and bolts of lightning were striking the ground.

           Voldemort's face grew very white and he called, "Mother! Help!"

           "We warned you," I said, as I walked over to Harry, "the gods don't like it when you use them."

           I cut the ropes binding Harry, "Go!"

           Harry ran over to the cup, and waited for us. Almost all the followers were gone, and Voldemort was collapsed on the ground. The skeletons faded back into the soil, and were gone. Turning Nico, Thalia and I ran towards Harry. He grabbed Cedric's body, and the five of us held onto the cup. The graveyard started to fade away, and I heard Voldemort grabbing his wand. It was too late, we were already back at Hogwarts.

           Instead of being in the maze, we were in front of the stands of people. They started cheering as soon as we appeared. But stopped when they noticed Harry was crying. The professors ran over, and grabbed Harry. They ushered the crowds back, after seeing Cedric's body.

           "Harry come with me," I heard someone say.

           Before I could object, Harry ran off. I looked to Dumbledore, who looked grim. He led us back to the castle, and to Professor Moody's classroom. We heard shouting, and kicked open the door.

           Dumbledore shouted, "Stupefy!", and Moody crumpled to the floor.

What will Harry think now that he know their secret? Comment down below what you think!