Chapter 7: The Feast

I grabbed my napkin and wiped it across my face, brushing off a few of the crumbs. The food was delicious, maybe rivaling camp. I felt so guilty I didn't have a way to sacrifice for the gods. I grabbed a roll and shoved it in my pocket, I would find a fire later.

           I turned my attention back to the room, and noticed a lot of people were done. They were all looking around to see what would happen next.

           The old man, sensing the anticipation, stood up and cleared his throat, "Now that you have all finished your meal, I have some good news and bad news. First, unfortunate the Quiditch Tournament will not be happening this year," he paused due to a loud groaning and yelling, "Now, now, because we will have the hreat honor of hosting the Tri-Wizard Tournament."

           Kids around the hall began looking around to see if any one recognized what that was. I looked to Harry, Ron, and Hermione, who looked just as confused as everyone else.

           "The Tri Wizard Tournament was first created hundreds of years ago. It was a friendly competition between three European Wizard Schools: Hogwarts, Beauxbaton, and Durmstrang. One champion from each school would compete in three challenges," The man continued, "Now before you get to excited, only students of age, meaning 17 or older, will be able to compete,"

           The students called out and groaned, once more.

           "The schools will be arriving in late October. Two more things, your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher will be Professor Moody," he motioned to an odd looking man, who stood up and waved, "Finally we are very proud to welcome three exchange students from an American Wizard School, Ilvermony. Please welcome Nico DiAngelo, Thalia Grace, and Percy Jackson."

           We stood up and waved, while the students were clapping for us. It was very uncomfortable, I'm not going to lie. They were looking at us like we were some fascinating thing from another planet. Which, I guess I was kinda use to. Since the war, pretty much every new kids at camp looked at me like that. Like I was some sort of hero in their greek myths.

           "Now I would like to speak with you three, and formally welcome you. Everyone else, bedtime," The man walked down from his podium, while the crowds shuffled out of the hall.

           "We'll meet you in the Common Room," Hermione called as they walked away.

           We walked up to the man, who led us to a corridor. Once there he said something that sounded like, "cockroach cluster,". A door opened leading to a long staircase, we followed him up. Once inside, he motioned for us to sit down.

           "I am so thankful you could come," He emphasized with his hands, "I have a bad feeling about this year."

           "No problem," I paused, "But, uh, who are you?"

           The man laughed, his eyes twinkled, "I am Professor Albus Dumbledore, and I believe you must be Percy?"

           "Oh yeah, Chiron told us about you," Nico remembered, "I'm Nico by the way."

           "Nice to meet you Nico," Albus smiled, "And you must be Thalia."

           Thalia nodded in response, "So what do you mean you have a bad feeling about this year?"

           Albus slowly sat down in his arm chair, "Yes, I suppose I should tell you why your here. As I am sure the trio told you, at the Quidditch World Cup the Dark Mark was cast. This confirms my suspicion that Voldemort is getting more powerful. I fear, as we host the Tri-Wizard Tournament, he will use this as an opportunity to attack Harry. I need you three to guard him, and do whatever is necessary to keep him safe."

           "That's our quest?" I laughed, "To be bodyguards for Harry?"

           Mr. Dumbledore looked at me unamused, "I assure you this is no joke, if Voldemort were to truly come back both the wizard and muggle world would be in danger."

           I lowered my head, a little ashamed. He seemed to make myself feel like I wanted to impress him, sort of like my dad. Nico and Thalia also had their heads lowered.

           "Now, I would like to get to know you better," Dumbledore changed the subject, "Tell me about yourself: where are you from, and who is your parent?"

           "You know about the gods?" Thalia looked stunned.

           "My girl," His eyes twinkled, "I know about a lot of things. Why don't you start?"

           "Well my dad is Zeus, and I'm not really from anywhere. I'm a Hunter of Artemis, that's pretty cool," Thalia stumbled. She didn't have many positive things to say about her life.

           "Very good, Nico?"

           "Uh, I was born in Italy in the 1930s. We moved around a lot, and me and my uh-, sis-, well we got trapped in a Casino for a long time and didn't age," Nico was looking down at his feet.

           "And your parent?"

           "Oh, Hades," Nico added.

           "Thank you, and Percy?"

           "I live in New York with my mom, and now my step-dad. My dad is Poseidon," I said.

           "Very nice, but I was under the impression the three gods had a pact not to have children?" Dumbledore looked confused.

           "Yeah, they were," I nodded.

           "They just weren't good at it," Thalia laughed, "That's how we're here."

           "I see," Mr. Dumbledore chucked, "Now, any questions for me?"

           "I have one," Nico asked, "You know about the mist right?"
Dumbledore nodded, "So can Wizards see through it? Since your all blessed from Hecate the creator of the mist?"

           "Somewhat. Wizarda are able to control the mist in a way. For example, Muggles will not be able to find the castle. However, no, we can not see through it like you do," Dumbledore answered.

           I nodded, that did make since. I wonder if that was also covering the train station platform? I realized I had a question and asked, "Is there a way we can do our sacrifices to the gods?"

           "Oh yes, I forgot about that. There is a fire in your common room you can use, just grab some food before meals end," He responded.

           I grabbed the roll out of my pocket to show I had already grabbed it. Nico and Thalia had done the same. Nico grabbed an apple, and Thalia a biscuit. We laughed when we realized we had the same idea.

           "Well I suppose you could use my fire right now," Dumbledore motioned over to his fireplace.

           We bent down and threw it into the fire muttering, "for the gods,". The sweet aroma filled the room, making me realize I missed camp.