Chapter 4: The Monster

I woke up rather early the next day, hoping to sneak downstairs to Iris Message Annabeth. This time no one was awake. I opened the front door, and walked outside. The stars weren't as visible as the night before. Something was rustling in the tall grass. I reached into my pocket to grab Riptide, but the a black cat crept out. It meowed at me, and I relaxed. Come on Percy, are you really scared of a cat? I shook my head, and grabbed a Drachma out of my pocket. I tossed the gold coin into a spray of water, and asked for Annabeth. Soon, I saw Annabeth.

           "Seaweed Brain!" She smiled. She was sitting in her cabin, still looking a little in pain. Her golden curls were thrown into a loose pony tail, she looked beautiful.

           "Hey Wise girl," I smirked at her.

           "What are you doing up," She looked suspicious, "It's like 2 am there."

           "You're worth it," Annabeth smiled at me when I said this, I missed her so much. This would have been so much easier if she were here.

           We talked for another hour, before both of us had to go to bed. I told her about magic, and Diagon Alley, the Book Shop (she really liked that), and my suspicion the Weasleys were scared of something. I also made sure to promise to bring her home some Wizard books. I saw the cat still sitting near the grass, staring at me. I walked closer to it, when something lunged at me.

           "Hello Perseus," I heard an annoying voice. Kelli. She lunged at my neck. I threw her off me, and uncapped Riptide.

           "Why are you here?" I demanded.

           "The Dark Lady is afraid you are here to interfere with her plan, and I intend to make sure you don't," with her fangs bared, she tried again to lunge. Riptide slashed through her, and she turned to dust.

           Panting heavily, I saw the cat still sitting there. I turned back to the house, and ran up the stairs. I was back in Ron's romm, and laid back down, but couldn't fall asleep. By now, there was a loud storm outside. The rain was hitting the windows. What was an Empousa doing here? And what did she mean The Dark Lady is her master? I needed to talk with Nico and Thalia about this in the morning.

           I tried to think about something else. So instead, I stared at Ron's ceiling trying to think about what Hogwarts would be like. Pretty soon, the rest of the boys woke up and we got dressed. We grabbed our bags, and headed downstairs. The girls were already there, and had started eating their breakfast. In a corner was a pile of luggage, and we put ours on top of it. I heard a sort of bird noise, and jumped back in surprise

           "Oh my Gods," I felt my heart racing, "Is that a bird?"

           "That's Hedwig, my owl," Harry laughed, "Did you not notice her before?"

           I shook my head, and looked over to Nico and Thalia. They were both laughing hysterically. Thalia was about to fall out of her chair. I grunted, and sat down at the table. Mrs. Weasley was already putting some food on my plate.

           "Eat quickly," Mrs. Weasley told us, "We will need to leave in around fifteen minutes."

           I walked over to Nico and Thalia, who were about to walk upstairs. Everyone else had already left.

           "I need to talk to you two, now," I said quietly. I didn't want anyone to hear. "Kelli attacked me last night. She said something about a dark lady and interfering with her plans."

           "Woah," Thalia shook her head, "Kelli the Empousa?"

           "Who is the Dark Lady, and why would she want to harm you?" Nico asked.

           "I think she wanted to harm us," I emphasized. Something was out to get us, "There is something not right here."

           We all shook our heads in agreement. I heard footsteps coming downstairs and decided we should pause this conversation for now.

           We took a few cabs to get to the train station. Being from New York, I actually knew what these were. I felt bad for the poor driver, having to load all our trunks and random owls into his car. It was just Mrs. Weasley, Ron, Harry, Ginny, Hermione, Fred, George, Thalia, Nico, and I. Mr. Weasley left early this morning, due to another crisis at work. That just makes me more concerned on what we got ourselves into.

           Once we arrived to the train station, and unloaded our bags, the twins went to get us some carts to put our stuff in.

           "What train are we in?" I asked Mrs. Weasley.

           "The Hogwarts Express," She replied.

           "Mrs. Weasley," Thalia said, while reading the train schedule, "I don't see that on the list."

           "Oh my, we forgot to tell you," Mrs. Weasley looked apologetic, "It's a secret platform. It's platform 9 3/4, so Muggles can't find it."

           "Just follow us," Harry clarified, seeing our confused faces.

           We walked over to a post between platform 9 and 10. I am pretty sure these people are insane.

           "Watch," Fred started running towards the pillar, gaining speed, before he disappeared. I looked behind the pillar, and he was gone. These people are definitely insane.

           "Di Immortales," Nico whispered.

           "Now the trick is you need to run a little, make sure to go straight to the pillar. Percy, you go first," Mrs. Weasley decided.

           This is crazy. There is no way I was going to run into a wall. I looked over to Nico and Thalia for help, but they looked just as confused as me. Mrs. Weasley pushed me forward, and told me to go. I think this is insane, but I see my feet move slowly forward. I am going to runinto a wall on purpose, this is pathetic. I started with a slow job, then as the wall got closer I was running. The brick was closer, and closer, and than it was gone.

Who is the Dark Lady? Comment down below who you think she is