Chapter 21: Truth

"Harry!" Thalia called. Harry's face turned white, and he tried to run away.

           It was been a week since the third task, and our last day at Hogwarts. Harry had been terrified of us since the graveyard, and it seemed he had told Hermione and Ron anout how dangerous we were. It was worse than when they thought we were secretly part of Voldemort's team. Because this time, they were right.

           "Harry, please," Thalia grabbed his arm, "We need to explain."

           Harry looked around, "I'm not going anywhere with you three, without Ron and Hermione."

           We were waiting in an empty classroom on the third floor. Right where we told the trio we would meet them. They were a couple minutes late, and to be honest I didn't think they were coming.

           However, I was wrong. Harry pulled the door open, and Ron and Hermione walked in.

           "We're here," Harry looked at his feet, "What do you want?"

           "Harry," Thalia started, "We want to tell you the truth. You need to promise you won't leave until we are completely done, all of you."

           They nodded, and sat down acrossed from us.

           "Now normally we aren't allowed to tell anyone what we are telling you," Thalia started, "But after what happened, it would be wrong to not tell you. The Greek Gods are real, and sometimes they have children with mortals, or uh muggles. Their children are called Demigods. That's what we are."

           Hermione laughed, "You're crazy. All of you."

           "Hermione, it's true. I am a daughter of Zeus, Nico is a son of Hades, and Percy is the son of-"

           "Poseidon," Harry finished, "That's what you said in the Graveyard."

           "Yeah," I nodded, "We really are demigods."

           Hermione turned to Harry, "You're not really believing this, are you?"

           "You didn't see what they did. I'd never seen any spells like it." Harry shook his head.

           "So you're children of alleged gods, why are you here?" Ron asked.

           "The truth is we don't go to Ilvermony, and we're not actually wizards." Nico said.

           "I had never even heard of wizards before this quest," I laughed.

           "Quest?" Harry looked at me.

           "Percy" Thalia warned, "You're getting ahead. Anyways, Demigods are given quests sometimes. We go on missions to retrieve things, or stop people. This time, Dumbledore asked us to come here and protect Harry this year."

           "Protect me?" Harry stood up.

           "He thought something was going to happen this year, and I guess he was right-" I started.

           "You were never really my friends?" Harry yelled, "The only reason you were nice to me was because it was your job? Like I'm just a kid and you're my babysitter?"

           "Harry, you promised you would hear us out," Thalia reminded, Harry sat back down looking hurt, "The quest didn't require us to be your friend. We chose to do that, because we are your friends."

           "Don't bother," Harry muttered, "just tell us the rest."

           Nico nodded, "We found out a goddess, Hecate, was plotting to overthrow the mortal world. She needed you to do it."

           "The quest didn't really become difficult until your name ended up in the Goblet. Then everything got more difficult." Thalia said.

           "Yeah, we were terrified during the first task. And the second, we were convinced we had lost you. I mean I even had to go into the wa-" I let my words die off, after Thalia and Nico were shaking their heads.

           "That was you?" Harry put his head in his hands, "You let me go on about how my father saved me, when it was you the whole time? You must think I'm pathetic."

           "No Harry. Nobody pathetic could have done any of the stuff you did," I stated, "You were too brave, and that was the problem."

           I don't know if Harry trusted us again, or if he would ever. But, he did say goodbye to us as we left Kings Cross Station. Ron and Hermione gave us hugs, and told us to have a safe flight back. They said they would write to us, but I'm not sure if that was just being polite. The trio walked off together, giving us one last wave, before leaving the building.

           "I guess this is it," I said, as we walked off the plane, "Are you guys going back to camp?"

           "No, I need to meet up with the Hunters," Thalia said.

           "And, the Underworld needs me," Nico responded, looking down.

           "Well it was nice spending this quest with you. I guess Chiron was right, it was a good cousin bonding time," I said, the other two laughed, "See you at family Christmas?"

           "I'll be there," Nico said.

           "Me too, is it at your place this year?" Thalia jokingly asked.

           "Totally," I nodded. I didn't know when we would see each other again.

           I gave each of them a big hug, before waving down a taxi. I turned around to say goodbye once more, but they were already gone. And so was our magical adventure to Hogwarts.

           I hopped in the car, and gave the driver the address. It was a short drive, and before I knew it I was home. I was back at camp. I payed the driver, and stepped out of the car. I walked through the gates of Camp Half-Blood, and saw a familiar blonde running towards me. Annabeth embraced me in a hug.

           "I missed you Seaweed Brain," She whispered into my ear.

           "I missed you too," I said. The smell of strawberries surrounded me, it was the smell of my home. I was back with my Wise Girl, and everything was calm.

           I never heard from Ron or Hermione. I guess I was right, they were just trying to be polite. I sometimes lie awake at night, trying to remember if the quest was real. I know it was, but sometimes it was easier to forget. I don't know if Harry ever thinks about us, or if he hates us. But I think about him. I think about how sorry I was for lying to him. How I wish I could do the quest differently. Maybe I would tell him right away. Or, not let the guy impersonating Moody put his name in the Goblet. I would do a better job. I failed that quest. Yes, I protecte him physical. But, I wounded him way more emotionally. I guess there is a reason Hogwarts is hidden with mist. Because, just like monsters it can be the reason for your pain and suffering. Or it can be like camp, and be your home.

That is the end of the Demigod Invasion. So one last prompt: If you could read any crossover, who would it be and why? Comment down below your answers, and make sure to hit that vote button.