Chapter 17: Trust

"Your what?" I head myself say in unison with the other four people.

           "It's crazy, I know," Harry shook his head, "But I only saw a glimpse of him, and it looked like my dad."

           I didn't know whether to be relieved Harry didn't recognize me, or feel offended I looked old enough to be his dad. I mean I was only two years older than the kid. And sure I did have some grey hairs. And I sometimes limped a little, but that was only from fighting monsters, And, oh my gods I'm an old man!

           "But Harry, do you remember the last time you thought you saw your dad. It turned out to just be you," Hermione tried to reason.

           "No Hermione, it was really him this time. I know it was," Harry looked persistent, and we decided to drop the subject.

           Harry continued to believe I was his father saving him, and I wasn't about to make him think differently. It had finally become spring, and easter had past. The end of our quest was so close. This had been the longest quest I'd been on, and I was ready to go home.

           We were in the middle of our dinner, when Harry left. He had been called down with the other three champions to the quidditch field. I turned my attention down to my plate. I had french fries and a hamburger. I think Dumbledore had the kitchen make some food from the USA, along with the other schools countries for us. I was not complaining, there was nothing better than a good burger.

           "Percy? Percy!" Thalia called at me.

           I turned my attention towards her, "What?"

           "We were talking about my dream last night," Nico said.

           Nico had, had a cryptic dream last night, like many demigods. Except, this one seemingly had nothing to do with Hecate. He had seen Professor Moody sitting in a dark room, and looking disheveled. Then, another Moody appeared standing over the first one. The room got darker, until it was pitch black.

           "I don't know. Maybe it wasn't a demigod dream, it could just have been a nightmare?" I proposed.

           "Percy, it was real," Nico looked down at his plate, messing with his fork, "I know it was."

           I pushed opened the painting door, and held it opened for Nico and Thalia. Thalia walked to the girls staircase, and said good night. It wasn't particularly late, but our discussion about Nico's dream got a little heated. Now, Thalia was not speaking to me, and I felt like my hair was standing up a little more than usual.

           Following Nico, I headed to our dorm room. I saw Ron and Harry. They were sitting on their beds discussing something frantically, but they stopped when we walked in.

           "Hey what's up?" I asked, hoping they would let me in on what they were talking about. Harry seemed panicked, and it was making me concerned.

           "Nothing," Ron replied for the both of them.

           "So why did you have to meet the other champions?" Nico changed the subject.

           "They told us about the third task. It's a maze," Harry looked down at his feet. There was something off about him, and I sensed it was something to do with us.

           "Oh shoot," I groaned, "I think I left my textbook in the common room. Nico will you go with me? I don't want to go alone."

           "Uh, sure?" Nico looked at me confused.

           We walked out into the hallway and closed the door.

           "Percy, you didn't have any textbooks today," Nico reminded me.

           "Shh," I hissed.

           I leaned my head against the door, and put up my pointer finger to silence Nico. I could only faintly make out what they were saying, without him pestering me. He leaned against the door as well.

           "Ron, why didn't we just tell them?" Harry said.

           "I don't trust them. Don't you think it's a little odd the three of them come from a school we never heard of, out of the blue? And Harry, you didn't really believe Nico tripped," Ron said.

           "I don't know, you don't think they're connected to Voldemort do you?" Harry asked.

           "Moody said he wouldn't trust them, and I believe him," I felt my stomach drop as I heard this last sentence. After Nico's dream about Moody, I'm starting to think he was not just an innocent teacher.

           Ron continued, "Until we can prove it, I think we try to stay as distant as we can from them. We all should."

           I took my ear off the door, and Nico did the same. We both looked at each other, unsure of what to do now.

           I hesitantly opened the door, and loudly declared, "I don't know what happened to my book. Maybe I didn't bring it?"

           Ron and Harry ended their conversation, and shrugged apologetically. They said good night to us, and turned off the lights. Nico and I took that as a sign we wouldn't be talking to them anymore tonight, and got into bed.

           "Thalia we need to talk," Nico grabbed Thalia's arm and pulled her into an empty classroom. I followed.

           It was now mid-day and Harry, Ron, Hermione had effectively been ignoring us. We hadn't had a chance to tell Thalia what had happened yet, and so she was feeling very upset. Hermione, and her had grown pretty close. So, she took this ignoring very personally.

           "We overheard Ron and Harry talking last night, and they don't trust us anymore," I said.

           "What?" Thalia shook her head, "Why?"

           "Apparently Moody told them not to trust us, and hinted we were connecting to Voldemort," Nico said, "That's why they've been avoiding us."

           "What do we do?" She asked.

           "I think we need to talk to Dumbledore. First, about them ignoring us. And second, the third task is a maze. We need to be in there to protect Harry," I said.

           "Okay, let's go tonight," Thalia decided, "It won't be hard to sneak away now."

Why would Ron and Harry not trust them? Comment down below what you think and make sure to hit that vote button!