Chapter 18: Dumbledore

We left the Great Hall after dinner, and walked down the corridors until we reached the familiar landing of Dumbledore's office. Luckily, Thalia had remembered the password he used back in September when he first welcomed us to the school. The doors opened, and we walked up to the main office.

           Once we arrived, we saw Dumbledore sitting on a chair. He was next to his fire, and just watching it. I figured he must have heard out footsteps, because he turned and smiled at us.

           "Hello you three, what brings you here at this hour?" Dumbledore asked.

           "We have a problem," Nico started.

           "A big problem," Thalia clarified.

           We decided to tell Dumbledore everything that had happened since we arrived. Starting with my encounter with the empousa, and my dream. He nodded, and rested his chin on his fist. We moved onto Nico's attack and his dream, and Dumbledore seemed visibly more shaken up.

           "An Empousa you call it?" Dumbledore paused, we nodded as an answer, "Attacked you here on Hogwarts land?"

           "Yeah, we were walking a little past the lake," Thalia nodded.

           "That should not be possible. Hogwarts is protected against all monsters, they must remain in the Forbidden Forest," Dumbledore shook his head.

           "I don't think Hecates magic will protect you anymore, at least while we are here," Thalia said.

           "Well we better hope the other monsters don't find out. Otherwise you three will have a difficult next few weeks," Dumbledore turned towards Nico, "Now this dream, can you describe exactly what happened?"

           Nico nodded, "It started in a dark room. A light appeared and I saw Professor Moody, but it didn't quite look like him. He was missing his fake eye, and large clumps of hair. He also looked like he hadn't seen the sun in months. Then, I looked up and saw another Professor Moody, only this one looked like the one we know. The room got really dark, and then I woke up."

           Dumbledore shook his head, "Alistar is a brilliant wizard, but I'm afraid I have noticed him be different lately. I hope this is nothing."

           "Well that's what I thought too," I started, "But after what we heard last night, I'm not so sure."

           "What happened last night?" Dumbledore asked.

           "We overheard Ron and Harry talking about how Moody told them they shouldn't trust us, and he even hinted we could be involved with Voldemort. They've been avoiding us since," I said.

           Dumbledore leaned back in his chair, shaking his head slowly. He grabbed a glass of water that was resting on a coffee table, and took a sip, "This is all very troubling. The Alistar I know can be very paranoid, but he would never make an accusation like that. Especially about someone I vouched for. I think we have much more to talk about, would you like some tea?"

           Dumbledore waved his wand, and a platter carrying a few teacups and a teapot floated out. We grabbed some tea, and drank it.

           "Now, your Goddess Hecate, what do you think she has planned?" He asked.

           "We know they were talking about a plan, and needed blood-" I started.

           "Who said blood?" Dumbledore leaned forwards.

           "There was this man and I think he said 'we will get his blood' and then and Empousa showed up and said 'Hecate will make sure the plan will work'," I clarified.

           "Was there anyone else in the room? Anyother voices?"

           "Yeah, I think I heard one more. But I couldn't really make it out," I said.

           "Percy, I believe you had listened in on a conversation with Voldemort. This makes this much more servere. If he has a goddess on his side, he will be even more powerful." Dumbledore rubbed his forehead with the palm of his hand, in a sort of defeated way.

           "Do you think that's her army? The evil wizards?" Thalia asked.

           "It must be, who else would she be talking about?" Nico said.

           We sat in silence for a few moments, unsure of what to say next. I had heard plenty of bad things about Voldemort. And when you mix bad things with immortal powerful beings, only horrible things happened. We needed a way to stop him, before Hecate can interfere. We needed to alert the gods.

           "I think it's time to call our dads," I said.

           Nico, and Thalia looked at each other. They shared a look, before turning to me and nodding. I grabbed a golden Drachma out of my robes pocket, and asked Dumbledore for his water.

           "Who's dad?" I looked to the other two.

           "I'll do it," Thalia stood up.

           I created a mist using Dumbledore's water, and threw the coin in. Thalia asked for Zeus, and after a few moments he appealed.

           "Thalia?" He asked, scratching his head, "Why are you calling me?"

           "There is something urgent you must know. Hecate is building an army against you and the other gods. She is using blessed mortals with magical powers, and is planning on taking over the mortal world. We are on a quest to stop her, but she is becoming too powerful," Thalia said.

           "Yes, yes we know," Zeus shook his head, "I had feared this would happen. I didn't realize how powerful she had become, we will fix it." He waved his hand through the Iris message, and Zeus was gone.

           "Let's hope that works," I muttered.

           "Oh sir, there was something else we needed to ask you," Nico said to Dumbledore, "For the third task, we need to be in the maze. We can't let Harry go in there alone."

           "Yes, I was thinking the same thing," Dumbledore said, "You can stay near the cup, and hide yourself with the mist. I don't expect anything to happen, but just in case. Is that all?"

           We nodded, and Dumbledore said goodbye to us. We walked down the path, and out into the corridor. I felt a lot better, just knowing we talking to Dumbledore. He had a calming presence. I heard a scuffling noise behind me, but figured it must belong to a student running back to their house. It was nearly curfew, and we had to sprint back to avoid detention.