Chapter 5: The Hogwarts Express

Somehow we had all managed to run through the wall, without any broken bones. On the other side, I was surprised to see dozens of families in odd clothing. They were helping their children onto a red train, and hugging them goodbye. I looked back to my group, and saw Mrs. Weasley was clutching her four children. She was kissing each of their foreheads.

           "Be safe," She whispered, before glaring at the twins, "And Fred, George, no incidents this year."

           "No promises Mum," Fred replied. Mrs. Weasley lightly flicked his head.

           Mrs. Weasley let go of her children, and grabbed Harry and Hermione. She also told them to be safe. Then, she turned to us. She gave each of us a hug, and said, "Have a wonderful year. If you need anything, ever, let me know."

           "Thank you Mrs. Weasley," I gave her another hug. This made me miss my mom more. It had been over a month since I had seen her, not since the war.

           We all waved goodbye to her, before climbing up the steps onto the train. Ron, Harry, Hermione, Nico, Thalia, and I walked down the aisle, and found an empty compartment.

           Once inside, Hermione started asking us questions. She started, "So tell us about yourselves, where are you from? We haven't had a lot of time to talk."

           "Well, I'm from New York," I said, "I live there with my mom and step-dad when I'm not at cam- school, I mean. What about you?"

           "I live with my parents, they're both Muggle Dentists. Are you Muggle-Born too?"

           "No, we're all Half-Bloods," Nico responded.

           "Me too," Harry smiled.

           "So what about you Harry?" Thalia looked at him.

           "Oh- I live with my Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin. They are all Muggles," He looked down at his feet

           "Mean Muggles," Ron corrected.

           "What happened to your parents?" I asked. Thalia punched me in the arm.

           "Percy," She warned.

           "No, it's fine," Harry looked at me, "They were murdered by Voldemort."

           "Who?" Nico asked.

           Ron's jaw fell open, "You don't know He-who-must-not-be-named?"

           "Once again, no sorry?" Nico said.

           "You-know-who is an evil wizard. He had a group of people called Death Eaters, who think they are better than everyone else because they are Purebloods," Hermione added.

           "Has," Ron corrected.

           "We think he is back," Hermione clarified.

           "When Harry was a baby, You-know-who tried to kill him. He cast the killing curse on him, and Harry became the first person to ever survive it." Ron turned torwards Harry.

           "My parents weren't so lucky," Harry parted with hair showing a lightning bolt scar, "this is all I left with."

           "My mom and sister were killed too," Nico sympathized.

           "Bloody Hell," Ron muttered.

           We sat in silence for a few minutes, the mood noticeably more somber. Harry tried to change the subject asking, "What school do you go to again?"

           "We go to Ilvermony." I responded

           "I didn't know there were any other Wizarding schools," Harry looked surprised.

           "There are two others near us too," Hermione explained, "Durmstrang and Beauxbaton. But what is Ilvermony like?"

           I knew Chiron had briefly explained what it was like, but I didn't really pain attention. Luckily, Thalia jumped to my rescue exactly quoting Chiron, "We also have houses, Horned Serpents, Wampus, Pukwudgie, and Thunderbird. All of which choose a students. Once you are chosen, you get to pick your wand."

           "So you don't have a wand until you get there?" Ron asked

           "No," Nico shook his head. Was I the only one that didn't pay attention to Chiron?

           I heard the compartment door slide open, and saw a boy with almost white hair standing there, "Hello Potter, Granger, Weasley. Who are these people?"

           "What do you want Malfoy?" Harry looked annoyed.

           "I heard you had exchange students with you, and I wanted to give them the chance to make better friends. Like me," The boy, Malfoy, smirked.

           "I'm Thalia, this is Percy, and Nico," Thalia crossed her arms, "And we are very capable of making our own friends."

           "Oh you're American?" He sneered, "My father says Americans are nothing but lazy pigs."

           "All have you know, I am an awesome lazy pig," I looked offended. Harry, Ron, and Hermione laughed quietly. The boy glared at me, and left the compartment quickly.

           "Who was that?" Nico laughed.

           "Draco Malfoy," Ron said, "The worst, of the worst."

           "He thinks purebloods, like him, are superior than everyone else," Hermione looked down at her feet, "especially Muggle-borns."

           "But the only reason his family is all magic is-" Thalia stepped on my foot hard, "Ow! Di Immortales Thalia!"

           "Sorry, my foot slipped," her eyes told me I had made a mistake. I realized I was about to tell the wizards about the Gods, something Chiron made very clear we shouldn't do.

           "What were you about to say, Percy?" Ron looked at me.

           "Oh, uh," I glanced at Thalia, who was warning me with her eyes, "Nothing."

           I turned my attention to the window, and stared at the rolling landscapes. How long was this ride going to be? After around thirty minutes, I felt my eyes getting heavy. I let my head roll onto the window, and I slowly drifted into a dream. I found myself standing in a dark room, there was sand covering my feet.

           "Perseus Jackson!" I saw a woman carrying two torches. Her hair was dark, and lay just to her shoulders. "This is my warning, you must not interfere."

           "Who are you? Are you the Dark Lady?" It felt like there was a strong wind, I was fighting to keep myself standing. I felt grains of sand scratching my cheeks.

           "You forget me, just like your father, and all the other Olympians. I give you the mist, and the ability to live normal lives from mortals. Yet you cast me aside like a dollar-store goddess," She scoffed.

           "Hecate?" I didn't understand, I thought Hecate was on our side now.

           "There are powerful things happening here, and I suggest you tell your friends you can not help," She warned, before disappearing in a cloud of dark smoke.

           I felt the sand at my feet getting taller, and taller. It was up to my knees, my hips, waist. It was not up to my shoulders. I couldn't breathe, it was getting dark. More sand, more sand. I woke up, panting.

           "Percy you okay?" Nico asked.

           "I know who it is," I whispered, so Hermione, Ron, and Harry couldn't hear, "The Dark Lady is Hecate."

Why would Hecate be after the demigods? Are you a child of Hecate? Make sure to vote if you are.