Chapter 6: Arriving at Hogwarts

"Percy, this is not good," Thalia was shaking her head. It was just the three of us now, and I had just finished telling them about my dream. Harry, Hermione, and Ron had stepped out to change into their uniforms.

           "I thought Hecate liked us now," I didn't understand it, "I mean she joined Kronos for a while, but we built her a cabin and she was all happy."

           "She comes to the Underworld a lot," Nico said, "She keeps talking about a plan. I thought it was nothing, but maybe it was revenge on the Gods."

           "What do WE have to do with it?" I emphasized, "I helped make sure she had a cabin."

           "I don't know yet," Thalia shook her head, "But I think we will find out soon."

           I heard the door slide back open, and the saw th trio walked back in, in long robes. I was so not looking forward to wearing them, although they did look breezy.

           "You three better get dressed, we are almost there," Hermione said.

           We walked off the train. I saw a huge man, standing near a few dozen boats. He was calling something that sounded like, "Erst ear."

           "That's Hagrid," Harry noticed me staring, "He is our friend. He takes the first years on boats to get to school. Whereas we take these carriages."

           He motioned towards a group of carriages with the weirdest looking horses leading them.

           "What type of horse is that?" Nico asked, looking at me.

           "What horse?" Hermione looked puzzled.

           "The ones leading the carriages," Thalia replied.

           "There are no horses there," Ron looked very concerned.

           I walked forward to the horse, who bowed its head at me.

           "My lord," I heard in my head.

           "Why can't they see you?" I thought.

           "I am a Thestral. I can only be seen by those who have witnessed death." The Thestral walked forward to let us get on it's wagon. We walked on board, the trio still looking concerned.

           The ride to Hogwarts was relatively quick. As we pulled up, I felt my jaw fall. It was a huge castle, with towers, and arches. Annabeth would have loved it. The architecture was amazing.

           We got out of the carriage and walked into the front hall. We were going around a corner, when I felt water. There was a little man, with orange eyes, throwing water balloons at us. Soon, the whole school was doused in water. I manipulated the water, and threw it back at him. Shocked, he looked around to see of someone had hit him.

           "Oh Peeves!" An old lady with grey hair shouted, "Leave the students alone!"

           "That's Professor Mcgonagall," Harry nudged me.

           I nodded, and turned my attention forward again. We were walking now into a huge dining room. There were long tables with benches, four to be exact. In the front, sat a bunch of older people, I'm guessing are the teachers. I followed Harry to one of the table, and Thalia and Nico sat down next to me.

           "This is the Great Hall," Hermione motioned, "You sit depending on your house. This is the Gryffindor table. Up there is where the Professors sit."

           "Here comes Nearly-Headless Nick!" I heard someone call.

           I turned to see a ghost, wearing old fashioned clothes floating over. He looked different than ghosts I had seen in the past. He had a clear form, and was smiling and waving at children. Across his neck, I saw a long cut.

           "Ah hello Ron, Harry, and Hermione!" Nick smiled, "Who are these people?"

           "These are exchange students from America," Harry replied, "Percy Jackson, Thalia Grace, and Nico DiAngelo."

           Upon seeing Nico, Nick became extremely flustered, "My lord, I am so sorry I didn't see you there,". He tried to bow, but his head fell off. It was only hanging on by a thin piece of skin. He put his head back on his next, continuing to apologize profusely, before floating away.

           "Bloody hell, what was all that about?" Ron squinted his eyes at Nico.

           "I uh- have no idea," Nico tried to say calmly.

           "Why did he call you 'My lord'," Harry asked.

           "I said I don't know," Nico replied, a little more frustrated. His eyes were darker than earlier, colder.

           "Um- here come the first years," Ron faked a smile, trying to change the subject, "you'll get to see them sorted."

           I had heard them mention this sorting multiple times, but I don't really understand what it is. I turned to where Ron was pointing, and saw a croud of young children. They looked around 10, 11, -ish. In the front I saw the lady from earlier, Professor Mcgonagall Harry had called her, placing an old hat on a chair. The hair seemed to have a face out of creases. The hat started to move, and began singing a song. It was insane, I had never seem something like this, and I had seen a lot of things.

           "Holy Hephaestus," I heard Thalia mutter under her breath.

           Once the hat had finished it song, the whole room erupted into applause. I, unsure of what else to do, clapped along. Than, the first year's were led in a line towards the hat. Mcgonagall called out a name, and a shy girl stepped forward. She placed the hat on the girls head, and it called out, "Hufflepuff!". The table to the left off us exploded into cheers, the girl walked over and sat down smiling. Her table-mates were giving her high-fives and waving.

           It continued like this until all the first year's were sorted. Than, an old man with an impression beard stepped forward. He cleared his throat before saying, "Let's eat!".

           He waved his hands, and the food magically appeared on every table. I eagerly grabbed some, and stuffed it in my mouth. I realized I didn't have a way to sacrifice it. I said an apology to the Gods, and continued eating the delicious food. I hadn't eaten since breakfast.

What house are you in? Comment down below