Chapter 3: Diagon Alley

When I woke up again, it was a couple hours later. This time Ron and Harry were awake too. Nico was the last to get up, and for once he looked rested. The four of us walked downstairs in our pajamas, to see Mrs. Weasley making breakfast Or rather, the breakfast was making itself? The eggs were being scrambled by a spatula just floating in air, and the juice was being poured by itself. I figured this must be the "magic" Chiron told us about. I'd like to think my mom's breakfasts were made by magic too. I miss her so much, her and her blue food dye.

           We sat down at the Weasleys kitchen table, and talked for a few minutes. Harry was telling us a little about Hogwarts, but he kept saying Hermione will know more. Once he said that, we heard footsteps coming downstairs and the girls joined us. Fred and George soon followed.

           Now that we were all here, Mrs. Weasley started passing out dishes, before informing us, "When you get to Hogwarts, you will be following Hary, Hermione, and Ron, around as a fourth year. They will help you, if you have any questions."

           Ron, Harry, and Hermione nodded in agreement while grabbing some breakfast Mrs. Weasley put down.

           "It's a bummer you missed the Quidditch World Cup, you missed it by only a couple days," Ron turned towards Nico, and I, with a mouth full of food.

           "Quidditch?" Nico asked, his face looked confused. He grabbed a few slices of toast, and was spreading some jam on it.

           "You don't know Quidditch?" Ron quickly swallowed his food, before dropping his jaw is amazement.

           "Ron," Hermione scolded, "They are from a different country, they have different sports there."

           "Sorry, I guess not. What is that?" Nico said, looking towards me for help.

           "Well I guess-," Ron started, "I don't know how to explain it."

           He looked at Harry for help, "It's like the Wizard version of soccer. You play it on flying broomsticks, and try to get your team to win."

           "Are teams assigned?" I asked, hoping I wouldn't have to play. Broomsticks, no problem. Flying Broomsticks, not happening.

           "No, it's by your house. At Hogwarts there are four: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin," Ron explained.

           "You will be in Gryffindor with us. You are sorted into a house based on your personality," Harry added.

           "You will see it on your first day," Hermione told them, "All the first years get sorted."

           The conversation paused for a little bit, while we all focused on eating. Before one of the twins, I think Fred, asked with his mouth full of food, "So how do you three know each other?"

           "We all go to school together," Thalia started.

           "And we're actually cousins," I finished.

           "I was about to say that Seaweed Brain," Thalia glared at me, I could feel the hairs on my arms standing up with electricity.

           "Thalia, let's not do this right now," Nico muttered. I stuck out my tongue at Thalia, who raised her arm threateningly at the two of us.

           "Oh yeah, Definitely family," George laughed.

           We finished out breakfasts, and helped clean up the table.

           "Well, we better get going. Everyone go get dressed, we have to buy you threes books," Mrs. Weasley said, and with that we headed upstairs to change.

           Mrs. Weasley handed us something called fluke powder, I think, and we had to stand in their chimney. I have to admit I felt ridiculous. Then, we threw it on the ground, and said "Diagon Alley". I thought Demigod things were weird, but this was insane. I have to admit, it was a lot better than flying.

           We all arrived in Diagon Alley, luckily in one piece. I didn't really trust this magic, it seemed a little far fetched. Annabeth would be fascinated with their culture, just everything.

           "Okay, we need to get your school books, and robes," Mrs. Weasley said, "Fred, George, Ron, Harry, Hermione, and Ginny, I already got yours while you were at the world cup. I trust you three have money?"

           We each pulled out our sack of coins Chiron gave us. He explained to us what each was called and it's value, but I honestly don't remember any of it. They all had weird names, I guess like everything else around here.

           "I suppose we should start in Flourish & Blotts for your text books," Mrs. Weasley pulled out a piece of paper and started reading, "You need 'A Standard Book of Spells, Grade 4' and 'The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection'."

           "Mum," Ginny said, "Why don't you get their robes, and we'll go with to get their books?"

           "I will also get you three some parchment and quills," Mrs. Weasley headed off to get our uniforms, or robes I guess, while we went to the book store.

           Inside was shelf upon shelf of books. Thalia looked at me, "Annabeth would love this."

           I nodded in agreement, this truly would be her dream. There were books about magic, history, potions, spells, you name it. Somehow, it didn't take us too long to find the books we needed.

           The group of us headed to the checkout, there was an old man sitting there, and rung us up. I grabbed my pouch of coins, and opened it. Realizing I had no idea what anything was worth, I turned to Harry who grabbed a handful of my coins and gave it to the man. We thanked him, and walked back out to the street. Mrs. Weasley was just walking out of the dress shop with three robes, and some paper and feathers.

           "All done?" She asked.

           We nodded as an answer.

           "Well, we should probably head back. We will have to leave pretty early to make it to the train on time tommorrow," She turned and walked down the street, we followed her.

           I was a little disappointed to be leaving Diagon Alley so soon. There was so many interesting people, and places. I saw goblins, wizards, there was even one store all about Magical Creatures. I don't know what it is, but I want to now. This might end up being a very fun quest.