Chapter 2: The Burrow is a House

When we arrived at the so called "burrow", I was surprised to see it was just a house. I mean, why didn't they just say house? Who names their house? I wouldn't go around saying "I need to get back to Susan, my apartment". As weird as I thought that was, I was just relieved I wouldn't be staying underground. Or would I? It was very odd house, with a crooked floor, and seeming to defy the laws of gravity. However, I had gotten used to things that defied Physics. Between monsters, the mist, and gods, nothing was ever what it seems. I looked over to Thalia, her blue eyes were wide, studying the house.

           "H-How is this even possible?" She asked, looking towards Mrs. Weasley. It was quite amusing to see Thalia confused, I enjoyed it.

           "Magic, of course," Mrs. Weasley laughed, as if this was an obvious thing. She opened up the door and we walked inside to their kitchen.

           "Mum," Ron walked over to the table, "When are we going to Diagon Alley?"

           "Tommorrow," she replied, "Give Nico, Thalia, and Percy sometime to recover."

           "I like that idea," I responded. I didn't realize how exhausted I was, until she said that. I looked at Thalia and Nico, both looked just as tired as me. It had been a long flight, and a stressful one. Between Thalia freaking out, and Nico and I fearing for our lives, a nice warm bed sounded amazing.

           Ron and Harry walked us up to their room. We would be staying with them until we leave for school in a few days. Whereas, Thalia was going to be staying with Ron's sister Ginny, and Hermione. Rons room was a decent size, and covered in moving posters. Normally, I would be totally confused on how they were moving, but my brain was too tired to function. If Annabeth was here she would be asking so many questions, she always wanted to go to England. I collapsed onto a sleeping bag on the floor, and fell asleep, with not one bad dream.

           My eyes fluttered open, and I let out a big yawn. Now, Harry and Ron had also gone to sleep. I saw Nico sprawled across the floor next to me. He was sound asleep. I looked around the room, and saw the window had hints of moonlight coming in. I figured it must be nighttime now, maybe around 3 am. I sat up, and figured I should try to Iris Message Annabeth. It was probably the evening there with the time change, she would love to hear about England. I tried to walk down the stairs quietly, but they let creaked loudly. I made it to the bottom, and opened the door to go outside. I figured no one would be outside in the middle of the night. But, there sat Mr. Weasley on an old chair, studying a rubber duck.

           "Ah, hello Percy," he exclaimed, looking at me, "Can't sleep?"

           "Hello Mr. Weasley," I replied, blinking the sleep out of my eyes, "No, I just woke up. What are you doing?"

           "Have you ever seen a more amazing item," he admired.

           "A rubber duck?" I asked.

           "Yes a rubber ducky!" He answered, "Anyways, what brings you out here this early?"

           "I was admiring the stars, and needed some fresh air," I lied, "It's so different than back home.

           Mr. Weasley nodded in understanding, and looked up at the stars. They really were stunning, much more visible than in New York. Back home everyone is focused on getting to the next place, it's so much calmer here. Maybe this is why Chiron sent us here, to relax.

           "Where is that you are from, Percy?" Mr. Weasley asked me.

           "I'm from New York," I smiled thinking of my home, "In the city, with my mom and step-dad."

           "Any siblings?"

           "One, on my dad's side," I smiled again, "My half-brother Tyson. I really miss him."

           I hadn't seen Tyson since the war, he went back down to live with Poseidon. Thinking of him, made me feel really homesick. I missed Annabeth, my mom, Paul, everyone at Camp Half-Blood. I even missed Mr. D a little. No, I take that back. Definitely do not miss Mr. D.

           "So Ron was saying we are going to Diagonally?"

           "Diagon Alley," Mr. Weasley corrected, "It's where we will buy your school books. I, unfortunately, can not go. I need to go to work, speaking of which it's nearly 5 o'clock. I need to get going."

           I had forgotten we had to go to school. Why would Chiron send us on a quest where we have to learn? I take it all back, Chiron did not send us here to relax. He sent us here to learn. I mean why couldn't he have sent a child of Athena. They would have loved it! Living at school, it's like their dream. Why couldn't he have sent Annabeth? Speaking of Annabeth, I still needed to call her. Mr. Weasley said it was 5 o'clock, much later than I initially though. It was too late to call her now. I'll have to wait until tommorrow, instead.

           "Goodbye Mr. Weasley," I said.

           "Goodbye Percy. Have a good time at Diagon Alley, be safe," Mr. Weasley warned.

           There was something strange about the way he said that. Being a Demigod, people telling you to be safe was extremely common, and you could tell when they seriously meant it. Mr. Weasley did. I'm starting to think Chiron didn't send us here for a quality education, or cousin bonding time. The Weasleys seemed nice enough, but they were scared.

           I headed back up the tall stairs to Ron's room, and laid back down on my sleeping bag. Nico was still scrawled across the floor, he looked so calm. That kid needed the rest, I don't think he's had a good night sleep since his sister died. I don't know what type of quest I have gotten myself into, but I know I am going to keep Nico and Thalia safe.