CHAPTER NINE, what team

The next day of rehearsals Tabitha didn't fail to notice that Miss Jenn and Carlos are late

The next day of rehearsals Tabitha didn't fail to notice that Miss Jenn and Carlos are late. Which confused her because neither of the two are never late. Later that morning was when the main cast of the play took the photo for the program cover. What she heard from EJ it sounded like it didn't go that well.

"Guys," Tabitha looks up from looking at her sketchbook on the desk she sat at when she heard Natalie speak up. "Let's just start. Flip to 'When There Was Me And You' in your script."

"Oh, should we maybe wait until Miss Jenn gets here?" Ashlyn questioned.

Natalie shrugs. "I don't know. Apparently nobody's in charge here."

"Oh, look," Tabitha noticed Carlos walking in. "Carlos is finally here." She was glad one of the two people who are usually in charge was there. But she was worried about Miss Jenn and why she wasn't there.

"Okay, people, let's stage a number. I'm late." Carlos chuckled lightly.

"Is Miss Jenn coming?" Nini asked him.

"Miss Jenn had a small personal matter to attend to and won't be here today." Carlos replied.

"Um," Tabitha looks at him with a concerned expression. "Is everything okay?"

"Good question." Seb chimed in.

Carlos smiles at everyone but his smile didn't meet his eyes. "Everything's fine. Why would you guys even ask that?"

Tabitha looks at the person who sat next to her which happens to be EJ and she shares a worried look with him. "Okay. Gabriella, I need you on stage." Carlos grabs Nini's hands, bringing her over to the front of where everyone was seated. He lets go of her, pointing at Ricky. "Troy, stage right."

"Chad, on stage left box. Uh, other boys, find a box." Carlos said.

The boxes set up around Nini didn't entirely make sense to Tabitha. She didn't remember this part being in the first movie. Nini looks at Carlos with confusion. "Are they onstage with me while I'm singing?"

"Yes," Carlos nods. "They will be frozen in various poses to come. As the ballad builds, Nini, you will be wandering through a forest of boys."

"Wait." Nini furrows her eyebrows. "What does that mean?"

"Do you know what a forest of trees look like?" Carlos asks and Nini nods. "Okay," Carlos nods. "But with boys."

"And, uh, I'm sorry, why?" Nini questioned.

Carlos sighs. "Because your heart has just been shattered and you just can't stop thinking about how amazing Troy is." He walks over to the side of the room, pointing at Seb to start playing piano. "Let's go."

Nini stops Seb from playing piano just as he started. "Uh, no, I'm sorry, but at this point in the show Troy just sold me out to his teammates."

"She's right." Tabitha speaks up.