CHAPTER THREE, auditions for hsm

Tabitha didn't sleep that well

Tabitha didn't sleep that well. She has been worried about the auditions that happened after school. Once she got to the auditorium she grabbed a number from a side table.

She stood off to the side of the stage, watching a group of kids dance to the music that played. Her eyes grew wide, wondering how they were so talented. She knew she didn't have the talent nor the coordination to dance like that. Once they were done, Miss Jenn told everyone to pair up with someone they didn't know.

She did try to convince Maeve to try out for the play with her which failed. Maeve wasn't a fan of participating in plays or musicals. And while she says that, Tabitha knew she secretly loved them. Tabitha nervously bit her lower lip, her eyes scanning around the room in hopes of finding someone familiar. She then noticed Nini Salazar-Roberts, standing besides EJ Caswell. She wasn't that surprised to see EJ wearing the same jersey Troy Bolton wore in the movie.

"Hi, I'm Ashlyn."

She turns around, surprised that someone was talking to her. She smiles at the red-haired girl that stood in front of her. "Oh, um, hi. I'm Tabitha." She chuckles nervously. "If you can't tell I'm not really good with talking to people I don't know."

Ashlyn chuckles lightly and nods. "Yeah, but it's alright. I can already tell we're gonna be good friends." She smiled and Tabitha smiled back at her.

- ˏˋ"The only friend I've ever had is Maeve." Tabitha speaks, standing in the hallway by the auditorium. "And don't get me wrong, I love her. She's like a sister to me. But it would be great to have some other friends. I just have to get over my shyness...Shouldn't be that hard, right?"ˎˊ-

"Do you wanna be partners?" Ashlyn asked her.

Tabitha immediately nods with a relieved look on her face. "Yes, please. I don't know anyone else here and this is the most I talked to someone I don't know, so you should feel lucky."

"Also I should warn you, I have no dancing experience whatsoever." Tabitha informed her as they moved onto the stage where the others pairs already were at. 

Ashlyn shakes her head with a small smile on her face. "Not a problem. I can teach you."

"So who are you trying out for?" Tabitha asked, tilting her head to the side in curiosity.

"Ms. Darbus." Ashlyn shrugs her shoulders. "So, do you have a specific part you're trying out for?" Ashlyn questioned.

"Nope." Tabitha shakes her head. "I honestly kind of want to work backstage. I've always heard it's fun. I'm not for sure if I need to audition for that though. I have stage fright. And I know if I get any part even if it's small, I'll embarrass myself and run off stage." Tabitha added and Ashlyn nodded in realization.

"Well, I'm sure you're gonna do great no matter what you do. And if you do audition for a part, just close your eyes and try to picture yourself alone in the auditorium." Ashlyn suggested, somewhat calming Tabitha's nerves.