CHAPTER TWO, assembly

Before she knew it, it was the first day of senior year

Before she knew it, it was the first day of senior year. She couldn't believe that high school was almost over. It seemed to have flown by so fast.

She was currently walking into the school, immediately being greeted by her best friend, Maeve. She put a hand over her heart, staring at the blonde with wide eyes. "Are you trying to give me a heart attack?"

"Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" Maeve repeated her question but in a more dramatic tone.

Tabitha furrows her eyebrows together, shaking her head. She chuckles lightly at her dramatic best friend. "What are you talking about?"

"You almost died yesterday and you were saved by a cute boy! You're literally in a fairy tale." Maeve exclaimed.

Tabitha just shakes her head as she starts walking to her locker with Maeve following her. "My life is far from a fairy tale."

"Yeah, but this could be the start of your fairy tale." Maeve grinned, standing in front of the brunette girl.

Tabitha opens her locker, chuckling at her best friend. "Kinda wish you were right about that."

"Didn't you say that he went to school here?" Maeve questioned, leaning on her side against the lockers with her arms crossed. She smiled when Tabitha nodded.

"That doesn't mean that we will ever interact. He was wearing a letterman jacket which means he's a jock." Tabitha states, getting the books she needed out of her locker. She closes her locker as she turns to the brunette in front of her. "He's way out of my league."

Maeve went to open her mouth but was interrupted by a voice that sounded through the pa system announcing, "Good morning, students. Please make your way to the gym for our annual back-to-school kick-off."

Maeve leans her head back while she groans. "Do we have to?"

A small giggle leaves Tabitha's lips. "Yeah, sadly we do." She closed her locker and linked her arm with Maeve's arm. The two shared a smile before they headed off to the gym.

Tabitha had to admit she tuned out most of what the Principal said. She knew it was something involving the seniors and baseball caps, but she honestly didn't care. She knew Maeve didn't care either since she wasn't even a senior, she was only a junior. She continued reading the book that she held in her lap as the Principal. She only looked up when she heard that they were getting a new theater teacher.

She watched with curiosity while the new teacher got something from behind the podium, revealing it to be a t-shirt launcher. She raised an eyebrow when the t-shirt hit a boy that was sitting at the end of the bleacher she and Maeve sat on. Her interest is earned as the new drama teacher, known as Miss Jenn, told them about how she was shocked as an actress, inspired as a director, and triggered as a millennial when she learned that the school hasn't put on a production of 'High School Musical'.