CHAPTER SIX, the storm

The drama club members were in the bomb shelter for practice despite the fact that a snow storm was supposed to happen in two hours

The drama club members were in the bomb shelter for practice despite the fact that a snow storm was supposed to happen in two hours. Even though Tabitha wasn't apart of the main cast, she still went to practice just in case she was needed. When Tabitha got to the bomb shelter she didn't fail to notice that her boyfriend wasn't there. In fact, she hasn't heard from him the night before or seen him all day which worried her and made her anxious. It made her think maybe she did something wrong or maybe she has been too clingy and he wanted some space. Tabitha was brought out of her thoughts when she saw Miss Jenn walking over to stand in front of everyone.

"Okay, everyone, gather around." Miss Jenn smiles while everyone sat down on the risers. "We got a two-hour window before the storm is expected to hit, and I intend to use every minute of it. Big, splashy group members always succeed at the Menkie Awards."

"So we need to workshop a punchy, breathtaking number that will put us in the number one spot." Miss Jenn continued.

Carlos moves to stand beside her. "As our head choreographer, I am so happy to announce that today, we will, at last, begin rehearsing one of the most showstopping, iconic, and bar-raising numbers of the entire show."

"'Be Our Guest'." Gina stands beside Carlos with a smile on her face. "Yeah, it's 'Be Our Guest', you guys." When Carlos looked at her, she tilts her head to the side. "What?" The tension was obvious between the two chorographers. It seemed they were both not happy about the fact they're sharing the spotlight as chorographers. 

"Before we begin, I'm going to tell you a little story about hospitality." Miss Jenn spoke.

Carlos leans over to her, whispering, "Maybe we should..." 

"Once when I was a little girl," 

"Okay." Carlos nodded as Miss Jenn started her story.

"My mom and I heard a clatter come from the kitchen. We thought it was a burglar. So my mom ran over, hog-tied the man, and promptly called the police." Miss Jenn said and Ashlyn was the only one who gasps. "As we waited for the cops to come, I watched my mother place a bowl of iced tea next to his face, 'Because', she said, 'Until the police come and get him, he's still our guest'."