CHAPTER FOUR, read-throughs

After finding out that Ricky was cast as Troy while Nini got the role of Gabriella, Tabitha wasn't so sure how they were going to do this with the history that those two had

After finding out that Ricky was cast as Troy while Nini got the role of Gabriella, Tabitha wasn't so sure how they were going to do this with the history that those two had. Tabitha was standing at her locker, telling her best friend who had been cast for the play.

"That's going to be a disaster." Maeve commented, leaning against the lockers while Tabitha opened hers.

"Yeah, I really hope it won't 'cause then that's more work for me and the rest of the crew." Tabitha shrugged, putting the books she didn't need into her locker.

"Maybe a miracle will happen and they can work things out." Maeve commented, looking at Tabitha with a small smile.

"Yeah, I hope so. But today are the read-throughs. I'm not for sure how that's gonna go." Tabitha sighed, looking over her shoulder when she noticed EJ walking down the hallway, talking to his phone.

Maeve furrows her eyebrows, tilting her head to the side. "Is he crazy?"

Tabitha chuckles lightly. "He's live." Maeve looks at her with a raised brow, wondering how she knew that. "I got a notification that he was live." Tabitha informed her.

"I can't believe you follow him on Instagram." Maeve laughs. She smiles teasingly at her. "You so like him." Tabitha shushed her when EJ was walking by them. 

When EJ walked by them, he locked eyes with her, and smiled at her. Tabitha couldn't help but smile back. It was like his smile was contagious. He then looked away from her when Ashlyn walked up behind him.

"They're cousins?" Tabitha's eyes widened when she overheard part of their conversation. This was the first time she heard of this information.

"Yeah." Maeve nods. She glances at Tabitha with confusion. "You didn't know?"

"Does it look like I knew?" Tabitha looked at her with surprise and Maeve shook her head in response.

The bell then rang, signaling time for class. "Better get to class." Maeve sighed, linking her arms with Tabitha. Tabitha chuckled as they walked down the hallway to class.

Soon school had ended and it was time for the read-throughs. Since Tabitha didn't really know anyone she stayed besides Ashlyn. "So, I didn't know you and EJ were cousins." She said, standing besides Ashlyn.

Ashlyn nods. "Yeah." She tilts her head to the side. "How'd you find out?"

"I heard him say it in the hallway on his Instagram live." Tabitha replied.

"We're still friends, right?" Ashlyn asked with a hopeful glint in her eyes.

Tabitha chuckles. "Yeah, of course." She furrows her eyebrows. "Why would that not want me to be friends with you?"

Ashlyn shrugs, pressing her lips together. "EJ can kinda be self-absorbed and a jerk sometimes." She shakes her head. "And he's popular and I didn't know if you were just being friends with me because of him."