CHAPTER ELEVEN, late night talk

Tabitha was at her mom's house, watching 'New Girl' with her mom

Tabitha was at her mom's house, watching 'New Girl' with her mom. It was a show that the two of them loved and they both had nothing else to do that night so they decided on watching it. Plus Tabitha got a rejection letter from one of the colleges she applied to. And that meant she was kind of feeling down in the dumps. 

Her mom brought up the idea of watching that show Tabitha told her about which cheered Tabitha right away. Tabitha had watched all of the show already and it immediately became her comfort show. She had told her mom about it a few times since she knew that her mom would like the humor and the romance in the show. So she was happy that her mom wanted to finally watch it with her.

They were only on season two, but it seemed like her mom was enjoying the show. "So mom, whose your favorite character so far?" Tabitha asked from her place curled up with a blanket beside her mom on the couch.

"Honestly, I can't choose. It's between Nick and Schmidt." Victoria replies with a smile on her lips. "Oh! And CeCe. Those are my top three favorite characters of this show."

"Mine has to be Nick." Tabitha admits, her lips forming into a smile. "He's such a relatable character in my opinion and he's hilarious." She also thought that Nick was kind of cute but she wasn't going to admit that.

The mother-daughter duo looked at each other in confusion when the doorbell suddenly rang. Tabitha checks her phone that rests on her lap, noticing it was 9 pm. "Were you expecting someone this late?" 

"Nope." Victoria shakes her head. "Can you answer the door?"

Tabitha groans. "Why can't you do it?" She pulls the blanket closer to her, leaning back against the couch. "I'm all comfy."

Victoria points at her. "You're closer to the door."

Tabitha huffs, her shoulders dropping in defeat. "Okay, fine." 

She gets up and walks into the foyer which was the entryway of the house. She checks through the peephole in the door before she opens it. She tilts her head to the side, looking back at her mom with furrowed eyebrows.