CHAPTER ONE, what time is it? summer time

Tabitha is so glad it's finally summer

Tabitha is so glad it's finally summer. After everything that happened last semester, she's ready to chill out with her friends at summer camp and have a summer romance with EJ. She had never been to summer camp before but hearing about all the good things about Camp Shallow Lake EJ had told her she decided to go with him and their friends. 

"Okay, do you have everything you need?" Spencer, Tabitha's dad asked her from where he stood, leaning against door in Tabitha's room. Tabitha had been staying at her dad's this week since her mom was spending time with her friends this week. 

"Yeah, I got everything." Tabitha replies, zipping up her purple-colored suitcase. She picks it up off her bed, turning to face her dad with a nervous smile as she fiddles with the bracelet she always wears. Specifically the one that matches to the bracelet EJ always wears. "Is it weird to be this nervous just for summer camp?"

Spencer chuckles lightly, opening his arms for a hug. "Awe, come here." Tabitha walks over to hug him, already feeling relaxed by his hug. Her dad's hugs were always the best. His hugs made her feel safe and comforted. "This is your first time going to summer camp so of course you'll be nervous. But don't worry, I'm sure you're going to have a blast. And if not, you can ask the camp director to call me or your mom to come pick you up." 

"Thanks, dad." Tabitha smiles. "I love you."

"Love you too, kiddo." Spencer responded. 

Tabitha's smile widens when she heard the sound of a car honking outside and she pulls away from her dad. "That's EJ. He's picking me up and then we're gonna go pick up the others so we can all go there together."

Spencer nods. "Is Maeve going to camp?" He questions as Tabitha went to go grab her suitcase. "I don't think you said if she was or not."

"Yeah, she is." Tabitha nods with a small smile on her face. As she rolls her suitcase behind her, she and her dad began to walk down the hallway to the door "Marc is going to pick her and Gina up. They'll be driving behind us on the way there since we all can't fit in EJ's car."

"Okay, have fun." Spencer smiled. 

"I'll try." Tabitha gave her dad a side hug before she opened the door, smiling widely when she saw EJ standing by the passenger door of his car.