Not so bad...

“You have actually got to be kidding me” I sighed, shoving the pillow over my head, the music once again pounding through the walls in the early hours of the morning. Is this what it’s like to live next to a band? Cause so far, it’s not all it’s put out to be. I leaned over, picking up my ringing phone, surprised I could actually hear it over the noise.

“Hello?” I groaned, annoyance and tiredness filled my voice. “Do you hear it?” Charlie’s voice rang through the phone. “How can you not hear it?” I groaned once more, rolling my eyes. “It’s amazing” I rolled my eyes, slowly sitting up. “And once again, it’s keeping me up” he laughed, and I just imagined him rolling his eyes. “Live it up girl, cause it ain’t going away anytime soon”

4am rolled around and I had totally given up on sleeping. I pulled on a bra, underneath my baggy t-shirt. I grabbed my phone and made my way slowly down the hall. I walked across the front lawn, opening the back gate. As I walked closer to the door, the music got louder, the sounds becoming clearer and the voices beginning to fill my ears. I slid the back door open, quietly making my way in.

“So go ahead, rip my heart out, show me what love's all about. Go ahead, rip my heart out, that's what love's all about” The voices filled the house, a small smile fell on my lips. I walked closer to the door. “I want you to want me this way and I need you to need me to stay. If you say that you don't feel a thing, if you don't know. Let me go” The way they played mesmerized me, they were so in sink, everything fit and the music just flowed.

I noticed the walls were covered in posters, different bands filled the walls. I slowly walked along the wall, reading each poster in detail. I followed the wall all the way around until I hit the couch. My eye’s travelled to the wooden cabinet that surround the TV. It was filled with PS3 and 4 games, DVD’s of all kinds and a few books here and there. My eye’s scanned over them all, taking in every detail, I never even noticed the music had stopped.

“So, is breaking into each other’s houses like our thing now?” I spun around, the four boys standing there with their arms crossed, smirks on their faces. “It’s not breaking in if the door is open” I smirked, placing my hands of my hips. They all chuckled, collapsing onto two of the three couches. “What brings you here?” Ashton asked, patting the couch. “Well. It’s 4am, once again, and seeing as I wasn’t getting any sleep, I figured, why not just join them” I shrugged, hugging my knees to my chest as I sat on the couch.

“To the left. The left. No. The other. No. Michael what the hell” Calum yelled, sending a pillow flying across the room, hitting Michael in the head. “What the hell, you just let me die” Michael screamed back, the pillow once again went flying across the room. “Why don’t we give Riali a turn?” Luke smiled at me, I heard the boys scoff. “This should be entertaining” Michael mumbled, handing me the controlling, the other boys chuckling.

We played for hours. It was now 12:47pm. We had been playing since 4:30am. And let me tell you how many times I had whopped the boy’s buts playing this game. So many times. Many and Many times, and I couldn’t help but laugh. “How do you keep beating us?” Michael whined, throwing the controller onto the couch, pouting as he crossed his arms.

“Well, I live next door to Charlie, gaming fanatic. And I actually have two older brothers, so” I shrugged with a smirk, standing up slowly. “If it makes you feel better, I beat them too” I winked, making my way out the front door, chuckling as I walked across the front lawn. “Oh come on, you can’t just leave like that, what about a rematch?” I turned around slowly, Michael stood on the lawn, in nothing but his checked boxes and IDIOT shirt. “Maybe tomorrow” I chuckled, rolling my eyes.

After a quick shower, I chucked on a pair of sweatpants and baggy singlet. I let my hair dry out naturally and curly, putting on a thin layer of tinted moisturiser. I made my way into the office, opening my laptop as I sat down, pulling myself closer to the desk. “What did they say there name was again? 5 Seconds of. Of” I mumbled to myself, tapping the fingers against the desk. “Damn it. Was season was it?”

I typed in ‘5 Seconds of’ into google, Summer being the first result. I opened the first link into a new tab, a youtube lyric video to the song ‘She looks so perfect’. I clicked on images, scrolling through thousands of pictures that came up. 2 hours later and I was now 34 pages in, scrolling through tumblr, ‘Disconnected’ booming through the house.

“I like the summer rain, I like the sounds you make. We put the world away, we get so disconnected” I sung as I made my way to the kitchen. “You are my getaway, you are my favourite place. We put the world away, we get to disconnected.” I danced around the kitchen as the music filled the house and surprisingly, I was really enjoying it.

“Hands around my waist, you're counting up the hills across the sheets” I danced my way into lounge. “And I'm a falling star, a glimmer lighting up these cotton streets” Jumping on the couch, I was completely lost in the music. “I admit I'm a bit of a fool for playing by the rules, but I've found my sweet escape when I’m alone with you”

As the song came to an end, I collapsed on the couch, a light knock on the window bringing me back to the world. My eye’s trailed to the window to find Luke and Ashton standing at the door with giant smirks on their faces. I rolled my eyes, motioning them to come in as I made my way into the office.

“Thought you didn’t know who we were?” Luke smirked, leaning against the desk beside me. “I didn’t. So I decided to check you guys out” I shrugged, smiling up at him. “And what do you think?” I spun myself around, leaning forward as I smiled at Ashton as he sat at the couch, a smirk tugging at his lips. “Well, you were better than I thought” I smirked, leaning back in my chair, “You’re actually quite amazing”