The Past...

"Dad what are you doing here?" I asked, gripping the door. "What? I can't come and see my grandchild" he asked, placing his hands in his pockets. "You didn't even visit me when I was younger why are you visiting now?" I scoffed, shaking my head. "What are you talking about, I see you all the time" he smirked. "I haven't seen you since I was 6. I'm 20 dad. I think the most I saw you was an hour on my 6th birthday and that was the last time" I scoffed once more. "Listen. Can I just see my grandchild" he said, throwing his hands up in the air. "Why. Why should I let you? The only reason you ever show up in the first place is because you needed money" I half yelled. He stood there staring at me. I let out a scoff, shaking my head. "I knew it. I fucking knew it. You haven't changed." I shook my head. "I only need a couple hundred" he shrugged, "there is no way in hell I am giving you money and there is no way in hell you're seeing my child. So goodbye and don't come back" I half yelled, slamming the door.

I stared at the door, anger growing inside of me. "I can't fucking believe him" I mumbled, shaking my head. "Okay, yeah. You definitely need that break" Michael said, walking over. "Change of plans. You leave in an hour" he half smiled. I let out a sigh, smiling at him. "Thank you" I nodded, making my way up the stairs to my room. I packed a suitcase, shoving what I thought I would need into it. I sat on the bed, holding Kalani. "I'm going to miss you my angel. But I'll be back in a couple days and I'm sure your uncles will look after you" I smiled, "of course we will" Ashton smiled as he walked in, sitting on the bed beside me. "You ready to go?" He half whispered, I nodded with a smile, standing up as I made my way down the stairs. "Okay so. I don't need to tell you much but just remember, if you need anything call me. We're only going to be..." I began, but Calum placed his ha d over my mouth. "Only an hours drive we know" he chuckled, taking Kalani from my arms. "Now go. have fun" Ashton smiled, handing me my suitcase.

"Are we there yet?" Luke whined, placing his feet up on the dashboard. I chuckled shaking my head. "Almost. We've only been driving for 40 minutes" I smiled at him. "Ugh. I just wanna hope in bed and cuddle already." He pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. "Well we would be there if you hadn't stopped to get ice cream" I smirked at him. "Hey. Ice cream is like essential on a road trip" he smirked back, placing a hand on my leg. I chuckled as I turned up the music, Never Be blasting through the car. "We'll never be as young as we are now. It's time to leave this old black and white town. Let's seize the day. Let's run away. Don't let the colours fade to grey. We'll never be as young as we are now. As young as we are now" Luke smirked at me as he sang. "I will never ever get tired of hearing you sing" I smiled, winking at him. He sat up, pointing out the front window. "We're here" he cheered. I chuckled once more as we pulled into the drive way of the beach house.

"Alrighty. We're all unpacked. Now. Lets cuddle" Luke cheered, jumping onto the bed. I rolled my eyes as I climbed in beside him, resting my head on his chest. "This is nice" he whispered, leaving a soft kiss on the top of my forehead. We lay there in silence, Luke pulled me closer and I wrapped my arm around his waist, entangling our legs. "Riali" Luke whispered, I hummed in response. "What happened between you and your dad?" He asked. I clenched his shirt in my fist, taking a deep breath. "My mother and my father never got married. In fact they weren't even together. They stayed together for on year after I was born and then on my first birthday, he disappeared. He visited every year on my birthday for like 30 minutes and that was it. He stopped showing up after my sixth birthday and I hadn't seen him since. Although my mother still did and that's who when I turned 16 I stopped speaking to her and moved out. I moved in with Charlie and his family and then I moved next door. I don't speak to my parents, they always thought I was a burden anyway so" I shrugged slightly. Luke didn't say anything. He pulled me in tighter, left a soft kiss on my head and drew circles on my back. He took in a deep breath, leaving another soft kiss on the top of my head, "You are not a burden. You will never be a burden ever. I will be here for you always"