Parenting...

"Will that baby ever stop crying?" Michael whined, collapsing face down onto the couch. I rolled my eyes as I slowly made my way upstairs. Kalani had been home week now and the new parenting thing was affecting everyone. I slowly opened the door, making my way over to the crib. "There's my little angel" I smiled, slowly picking up the crying child. "Shh" I cooed, gently rocking him back and forth. I made my way over to the small chair that sat by the window. I hummed as I sat down, gently rocking Kalani back and forth. A small yawn escaped my lips as I leant back into the chair, resting my head on the back. The crying slowly stopped as tiny yawn escaped the small child's lips.

"Hey babe" Luke called. I sighed as stood up, making my way down the hall with the child still in my arms. "Yeah?" I half smiled as I walked in, Ashton was lying on the bed, laptop on his chest. "Oh never mind. I was gunna tell you to bring him here" he smiled, holding out his arms. I walked over, gently placing Kalani on the bed. "I'll be back" I smiled, making my way out of the room. I made my way downstairs, walking into the lounge. Ashton, Michael and Calum were all asleep, sprawled out on the couches. I chuckled, shaking my head as I made my way down to the kitchen. I sighed as I began to clean up the dishes from dinner and pick all the toys from the lounge, putting them in the cane basket. I sighed as I made my way back up the two flights of stairs, saying good night to the boys as i went. As I walked into the room, I smiled as I saw both my boys, fast asleep.

1:27am : hungry
2:47am : nappy change
4:05am : can't sleep crying
6:57am : hungry
7:32am : given up on sleep

The life of a parent is hard. I haven't slept properly since the baby was born. It's not as bad as when we first brought Kalani home, but it's still bad. I trudged my way downstairs with Kalani in my arms. "Damn Ri, you look tired" Ashton said as I walked into the upstairs lounge. I was so tired, I just let out a grunt, collapsing on the couch. "Give him here" Michael smiled, walking over and picking up Kalani from my arms. "There's my boy. Come to your favourite uncle" he smirked. The other boys scoffed and I rolled my eyes. I laughed as the boys all started fighting over who was favourite uncle and my eyes closed slowly. The boys arguing soon faded out and I had fallen asleep. I slept for hours. The next time I woke up, it was morning again. I sat up, stretching as I looked around the room. Luke must have carried me to bed after I had fallen asleep.

I slowly made my way out of bed, walking over to the bathroom and splashing my face with water. As I stood up straight and looked in the mirror, I heard the cries of my little angel. I shook my head with a smile as I made my way out of the room. As I opened my door I saw Calum walk out the room with Kalani in his arms, whispering and cooing as he walked. He smiled up at me before walking down the stairs. I turned on my heels, making my way back into the bathroom. I turned on the shower before slipping off my baggy shirt and stepping in the shower. I let the hot water run over my body, running my hands through my hair. This was the first time in ages that I was feeling relaxed. I stood there for ages just letting the water run and hot water wash away the tiredness I was feeling. I stood there for an hour, before hoping out. I chucked on a pair of sweatpants and a baggy white t-shirt. I brushed out my hair before leaving it to dry naturallyw and making my way down the stairs.

"Hey Cal. Thanks for looking after Kalani before" I smiled as I walked into the kitchen. "No problem. I love looking after this little guy" he smiled, tickling Kalani on the stomach. Kalani let out a little giggle as he grabbed Calum's finger with his tiny hands. I smiled, making my way over to the pantry. "So. The boys and I were talking and we think you guys need a night off" Ashton smiled. I turned around and looked at him, a confused look on both Luke and my faces. "And there's no way you can have a night off in this house, so we're sending you guys to the beach house for a couple nights so you guys can sleep and relax" Michael smiled. "I guess that would be nice" Luke shrugged, nodding. "It would be nice to get out away" I smiled. "Then it's sorted. You leave tomorrow" Calum smiled. I nodded, popping a grape into my mouth. While we were all making our way to the lounge, the doorbell rang. I sighed as I walked over to the door, opening the door with a smile. As soon as I saw the face on the other side, the smile dropped. I took a small step back, shaking my head. "Hey darling" he smiled, taking a step forward. I let out a small gasp, the words barely leaving my lips, "Dad".