Growing up...

There's something about the waves crashing against your feet. The sound of the water moving back and forth, softly hitting the sand. The feeling of sand against the bottom of your feet. A cool summer breeze blowing against your face and your hair. The colours of the sky as the sun sets. I took in a deep breath, curling my toes into the sand. I had never felt more at peace right now in a long time. I let out a long sigh, shaking my head. I turned on my heels, making my way towards the house. "Luke I miss him" I pouted, collapsing on the swinging chair that hung on the deck. "Me too" he half whispered, looking at me slightly. "But we go back tomorrow" he half smiled, pulling me into him as he wrapped his arm around me. "That seems like so far away" i mumbled, snuggling in closer to him. "Well we could go back tonight" he whispered. I sat up slightly, looking at him confused. He sat there with a smirk on his face. "What do you mean?" I asked. "What's a couple more hours here when we could spend it with our baby boy. It's been nice having time away but God I miss his little face" he smiled. I nodded, "let's go home" he smiled. We both raced inside, packing up all our belongings before making our way back to our little sunshine.

"You two lasted a lot longer than we thought" Ashton smirked as we walked through the front door. "Welcome home" Michael smiled, walking over with our little ray of sunshine. I took him in my arms, holding him close and smiling down at his tiny little face. "Hello baby boy. We missed you" I whispered, leaving a soft kiss on his forehead. I smiled as Luke took him into his arms, making his way to the couch. "So how was it?" Calum asked, "it was good" I smiled at him. "Thank you" I half whispered. He nodded, with a small shrug of his shoulders. "Go on. Go spend time with your boys" he half chuckled, giving me a slight nudge towards the couch. I gave his arm a quick squeeze before making my way over. "I can't wait to watch him grow" Luke smiled, "he's going to be just like you" I smiled, leaning my head oh his shoulder, "and I can't wait to see it".

*Four years later*

"Kalani, baby get your shoes we have to go" I yelled up the stairs, slipping on my leather jacket. I heard the pitter patter of foot steps above me. I slipped on my converse, stopping at the bottom of the stairs. "Mumma when do we get to see daddy?" Kalani asked, hopping his way down the stairs. "Soon baby. Where are your shoes?" I half smiled, crouching down, pulling his little jacket over his shoulders. He ran to the door, grabbing his mini converse and running back to the stairs, sitting on the last step as he pulled them on. "Do I look like him mumma?" He stood up, smiling a toothy grin, playing the air guitar. "A spitting image" I chuckled, picking my little four year old up. "You ready?" I smiled, pulling his little shirt down. He nodded, wrapping his arms around his neck.

I watched as Kalani ran through the halls, running in and out the of the rooms. "Where is he?" He whined, pouting up at me. "Luke, what are you doing? Come on bro. We gotta go on stage" Michael smiled, walking over to Kalani, picking him up. "Oh wait. You're not Luke". He smiled. Kalani laughed his little off, wrapping his arms around Michaels neck. "You're so silly uncle Mickey" he laughed, tickling under Michaels neck. I walked over, shaking my head. "There's you are" Luke cheered, Kalani squirming out of Michaels arms and running to his father. "Daddy" he squealed, Luke picking him up and spinning him around. "He's so going to be in a band when he grows up" Michael smiled at me. "Oh I know. But, much to his fathers dismay, the guitar is something he won't be learning" I smiled, laughing at my boys. "What will he play?" He asked, looking at me. "The drums. He said he wanted to be like uncle Ashton" I half whispered, "does Luke know?" He whispered back. I took in a deep breath, looking at him, shaking my head slowly. "Oh oh" Michael chuckled, shaking his head as we made out way towards the stage.

"Daddy I wanna play" Kalani cheered, running into the stage. "Alright come here" Luke chuckled, "nooooo. I wanna play those" He whined, pointing towards the back of the stage, "like uncle Ashy" he giggled, running towards the drums. "Oh yeah" Ash cheered, lifting Kalani onto his lap. "But the guitar is cool" Luke pouted, strumming a few chords. Kalani giggled as he smacked the drums with his hands. "But these are cooler" Ashton smirked, placing drum sticks into Kalani's small hands, placing his over top as they began to hit the drums together. "Babe" he pouted at me, I chuckled shaking my head. "I like the guitar" I smiled, picking up the spare guitar, strumming along with Luke. I shook my head, smiling as my little sunshine giggled as he played the drums, "guess we've got ourselves a little drummer boy"