Land of death

The sky lit with thunder as we traveled through the Forrest telling the news to every magic practicing wolf in the land and they rejoiced after they said their goodbyes to their non practicing family.

Their family cried tears of sorrow and begged for them not to go but they already made their decisions and followed me through the darkness and out of the Forrest.

I felt as if I held the weight of the world on my shoulders as I turned to my men to speak. Their faces were coated with rain and sweat as we had been traveling for hours.

I stood tall with Luna at my side and spoke with power and my head still held high and mighty.

"My faithful men and women, we have a long journey ahead of us but this will make us warriors. I am just a young man but I promise my loyalty even after death"

The men raised their fists in respect as a man in the front spoke.

"You have our respect chief Zane" he said with a thunderous voice.

That word chief, repeated in my mind like a badge of honor. Wow they are really rewarding me the title chief? Last time I heard that name was when Sabal was granted that title after the first 2 wars we fought as young boys, just at the age of 12 years old.

Tears swelled in my eyes before I quickly wiped them letting them rain replace them soon after.

It wasn't long before we reached the land of death and we stopped right where the black dust began.

"I need you all to take your leather off and place it over your heads, if you have women cover them before yourselves, your skin will burn but if you can protect your faces and eyes than that is what you must do first" I said as I took off my leather revealing another leather coat in which I covered Luna's head with. I placed my own over my head and began to lead my still forming army into the land of death.

I could hear the thunder rolling across the sky and I heard the muffled moans of the men as their backs were rained on. The women cried but only tears of gilt as their boyfriends and husbands felt pain and they did not.

A women's voice was heard faintly through the men.

"Zane, my boyfriend is suffering, may I please give him my leather?"

I continued walking but answered her cries.

"I do not control what you chose to do for the ones you love" I said loud enough for everyone to hear.

Her boyfriends voice cut through. "No, I will be ok, my eyes are covered and most of my face is covered with my hands, I love you too much to see you burn" he said loud and clear.

I knelt down and picked Luna up over my shoulders. I figured that would give her some rest, I'm stronger and can carry both of our weight for now.

As we traveled I kept myself alert by focusing on the rattles and clinks of my chains on my pants.

"We are almost there men, are you all alert?"

I asked as I kicked and spat on the few vampire skulls I saw under my feet.

"We are all here chief" they all said in unison.

Within a couple hours we finally made it to the green grass on the other side and we all took off our leather where I made my way through the crowd of men, checking every wound they had. I bandaged their wounds after cleaning them with a bottle of Jin I had in my bag.

We all stood tall and stared at the land of death we had just crossed.

"You are all brave men, and I am glad call you my army" I said as I raised my head high.

"We will make our way between the mountains and up, we can settle within the caves where we will build our new homes, we still have a long journey ahead but you have my word that now that we are out of the land of death our travels will be much smoother. The word is over" I said with joy in my voice as the men all cheered with me.