The body

The next day

Sabal's POV

We woke up and the sun was just coming up. Jai was already awake and had a fire started with a rabbit that was already almost fully cooked.

"Nice" is all I said as I sat down on the other end of the fire.

"I'm not hungry yet, I assume you're not either. However I'm going to pack some meat to take with us up the mountain. Feel free to take some as well" said Jai as he started cutting off pieces of the rabbit and placing them into a tight sack.

We started up the mountain and in the distance were men who sat around a small fire a lot like the one Jai and I had just put out.

"Hey, have any of you men seen a pale skinned man with longer meat teeth?" I asked not wanting to expose us as wolves by saying canine teeth.

The men turned around and walked closer curiously. "Any other description of the man your looking for?" They asked politely.

"He's got long black hair, pale skin, the longer teeth, muscular, tall, dark blue eyes, kinda intimidating?"

The men looked confused but they thought out my description.

"No, we haven't seen anybody like that" said the strongest man within the group. The other men seemed to agree.

"Alright, do you guys happen to know a place we can stay later tonight if we don't happen to find him during our search today?" I asked politely.

"Yea yea, there's a farmer up the hill over there. His name is Cody, he may or may not have room for ya, but if he don't he will gladly tell you of safe places you can stay" said the leader of the men we spoke to.

He spoke again. "Be careful of some of the men out here, they can be pretty brutal"

"Thank you for the warning, but I'm not worried about it" I said as I casually lifted my shirt exposing my gun on my hip, and Jai did the same.

The man gave me a thumbs up and walked back over to the fire with his men.

I started further up the mountain, it wasn't much up the mountain but I came across a body that was starting to decompose. The body had various stab wounds and his pants were unbuttoned with his genitals fully exposed. His neck had one stab wound in the middle and than what I could only assume was a fatal slice across the neck.

The slice across the neck was so neat and precise that I could help but believe that this was the doing of my lovely cousin.

"Damnit Zane, you don't even know these lands and you're making enemies" I mumbled to myself.

I rolled my eyes trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Zane doesn't kill unless he has a reason. I shut the mutilated mans eyes and shook my head slightly.

"I don't know what you did for him to kill you, but I sure hope you were that much of a bastard for it to be justified" I said out loud before continuing much further up the mountain.