18~

Tony Stark wanted to adopt me. My father wanted to adopt me. My God that sounded weird.

I decided that it was time to come clean, and just tell him the truth. But to be honest I was kinda scared for his reaction. I didn't know how he would react and-

Suddenly I could feel my heart pounding and my chest hurting, the room was moving, and I felt like I was going to pass out.

"You have to go now! Don't worry about me, ok?"

"When the time comes you'll find me."

"No, not without you Kara!"

"... I'm sorry."

"No, please don't"

"When you are safe, you'll remember me and then you'll be the one who will safe me!"

"Just.."

"Talk to Fury."

"GO! NOW!"

The room suddenly stops with spinning. And my breathing goes back to normal.

Kara, what did we do? What did you do?

I decided that Kara was more important right now, who knows, she could be still with Hydra! Tony could wait.

I start to think. Fury? That seemed familiar. Didn't Steve mention him before? Something about Shield?

Right! He is the director, and the one who 'created' the Avengers protocol.

How would I find him? I mean I guess he should be at Shield headquarters, the same place where I found Kara's files. But how would I get there. It's not like I really paid attention when I was on my way there with Nat.

My first thought was asking Tony for lift, but I really didn't want to talk to him right now. Nat and Steve aren't here, so can't ask them.

I look around my room. The window.

"Ughh... What a cliche."

As I make my way to the window, I look down. Right, I live on floor what, eleven? And even though I do have a trill seeking problem I'm not crazy or stupid. (mostly)

But if I go trough the door I have to explain to Tony.

I have to try.

I quitely open the door, hoping that it wouldn't make a sound. As soon as I take a step out of my door I hear a voice.

"Mr. Stark, Ms. Rory seems to be out of her room"

"shit."

"Stupid back-stabbing robot voice." I quitely mumble under my breath.

"That's not very nice is it Ms. Rory."

"Why did you snitch anyway?"

"Mr. Stark told me to inform him when you would leave your bedroom. He said that he wishes to talk to you when you felt better."

I decided that the easiest way to 'talk to Fury' was to just come clean to Tony.. Atleast for the most part, I still didn't want to tell him about Kara. Something inside me was telling me to keep it a secret.

I walk over to the couch where Tony was sitting. And I take the seat next to him.

"You okay, kid?" he said with a comforting smile.

I guess this is it I took a deep breath and without making eye contact I started the conversation.

"I need to tell you something."