CHAPTER IV - OFF TO THE RACES

'sorry captain america

'sorry captain america.'

School was the last thing on my mind, sitting in classes and writing poems or watching the two boys try and play lacrosse but my mind was only playing on a loop. The supernatural was real, something that I thought was only in the fairytales my parents told me as a child and the myths you hear in history class but it was real.

It had only been one day, one day since we found out that Scott was a werewolf. The revelation should have been startling, or even surprising except I found myself less than confused, this town had always been strange and the news of supernatural creatures inhabiting here was just another thing to add to the list of reasons of why this town is strange. The mysterious animal attacks seemed to make sense and some of the stories people would tell beginning to be seen in new light.

One thing that I knew for sure was that things were only going to get more difficult from here but no matter what we were going to stay together, no matter what we were all going to make it out alive and we would get through this. I was going to be there with the boys every step of the way.

After everything that happened with my parents, becoming an orphan I was out partying almost every night, trying to find a way to grieve because I got tired of crying and I started not to feel anything at all. I had always been kind of what some people would call crazy but normal is overrated in this town and when my parents died people seemed to look at me differently, with looks of sympathy or lenience and I didn't want people to feel sorry for me or for people to treat me differently, I just wanted to make it out of high school.

I must admit that maybe being thrown into the supernatural world may make things harder but no matter what I wouldn't leave my best friends, they were there for me when my parents died and have been there for me all of my life, we are basically family. When Stiles mom died I stayed at his house every night for a month and let him to cry to me and I would just cuddle with him and tell him how things get better. When Scott's dad left he was devastated and thought it was his fault but I always made sure that he knew it wasn't whether it was playing lacrosse with him in the back yard, even though we both suck, or inviting him over for as many movie nights as possible.

Our bond that we have was unbeatable and we pinky promised each other that we would all stay together forever, go to each other's weddings, babysit each other's kids. At one point Scott used to tease us that me and Stiles would be the ones to get married and have kids but being a nine year old you kinda find boys gross.

Each one of us has had trouble with mental health, Stiles had panic attacks after his mom died, Scott went into a depression after his dad left even if he won't admit it and I, well I spiralled into depression after my parents died. Losing somebody you love tears away a part of you, my parents were my only family, I didn't have any siblings or aunt or uncles or long lost cousins I just had me left in a house filled with memories of what happened that day. Of course both Melissa and Noah had insisted that I move in with them but I declined no wanting to be a burden.