CHAPTER XII - THE OTHER WOMAN

'kiss me again and next time I won't just break your nose

'kiss me again and next time I won't just break your nose.'

The night had quickly turned into day, the light of the sun illuminating the bedroom, my body was laying in its stomach, my head pressed against the pillow as my eyes opened with a squint. It was a rather unpleasant feeling, my senses felt like they were going into overdrive. The light was brighter than normal, I could hear the same sound of a thumping heartbeat.

Being alone was something I despised, being left alone with my thoughts was a rather destructive process and after last night, it was something I didn't want at all. It didn't take any convincing, Stiles and his father having quickly agreed for me to stay the night, the man was rather hesitant about us sharing a room however. But we both didn't care, our bodies were overly exhausted, the running had worn out our limbs and we felt asleep almost immediately after our heads hit the pillow.

I went to stand, my body being pulled back down tightly by the grip of the boy, soft snores escaping his lips but he didn't awake. I grabbed his arm, moving it away from my body and walking into his bathroom. It smelt rather strongly of mint, a hint of pine too and it made my head feel rather funny. My clothes began to be stripped from my body, my gaze turning to the mirror to look at my bite, but it was fine. There was no scabbing, no scar, the skin was completely smooth.

I moved closer to the reflective glass, my eyes training intently to my shoulder almost hoping the bite would just appear but it didn't. I went to move back, but a loud scream escaped my lips as I saw a flash of purple. My eyes glowing in the reflection but as I blinked they went away and I was left to think if I had been hallucinating. It was mere seconds after the noise left mouth that the door was barged open, a frantic and rather tired looking Stiles walking in.

"Stiles." I screamed at him, my body bare, exposed for him to see, but he didn't seem to care as he began to question me.

"What's wrong Li? Did something happen? Are you hurt?" He asked, the words coming out rather fast, them seemingly stringing together as he kept eye contact with me, my hands gripping a towel to cover myself.

"Yes Stiles I'm fine it's just the bite healed and I was looking at my eyes." I told him and he then looked at my shoulder that had dried blood but no marks, his hand reached out to touch it but I smacked it away.

"What about your eyes?" He asked, his hand being placed back to his side and a questioning look making its way into his face.

"Nothing I just thought I saw them glow." I told him, the words not seeming that big of a deal as he nodded his head in understanding. On the inside I was freaking out however.

"So it's official, you're a werewolf." He told me and I nodded this time, I was rather over the subject, I know knew how Scott felt when he first turned and I was beginning to feel the fear. The fear I was going to hurt somebody I love.