CHAPTER IX - AUGUST

'Or I'll rip you and your girlfriends throat out, with my teeth

'Or I'll rip you and your girlfriends throat out, with my teeth.'

Last night I didn't get much sleep, I was having the nightmares again. After what happened with my parents, I started getting nightmares. My body had been tossing and turning all night, the sheets becoming entangled with my feet as a layer of sweat beaded over my skin. Nobody knew about them and I intended to keep it that way. The less people that knew, the less people I had to worry about me.

After Stiles had dropped me home, I fell asleep almost instantly but only for a few hours. The glimpses and the memories made me awake, a shrill scream falling from my lips. I was covered in a cold sweat and I had tears streaming from my eyes. So at exactly 4:11am I decided that i would take a shower and get ready for the day, maybe try to look decent for once.

The shower was hot, the water burning me slightly as I cascaded down each of my arms and my back, my skin now tinged a slight red. My mind wandering aimlessly, I couldn't stop thinking about my nightmare, the glimpses seemed to haunt me and it was almost as if I was back to that day again. It felt so real, like I was waking in my shoes. Now I know what Scott felt like after his dream with Allison.

I felt like I was falling apart, the overwhelming sadness that followed the faces of the people I loved that left and I started to cry and cry and cry and was actually glad to live alone for once so that nobody could hear me. I was so fed up of crying, my eyes feeling sore and puffy from the waterfall of salty liquid that only mixed with the shower water.

By the time I was out of the shower, it was 5:09am, the time seemed to have fly by but still I couldn't bring myself to care, I couldn't bring myself to feel. I got dressed into an oversized jumper, the warmth and comfort of it feeling nice against my skin and some black jeans and my converse. As I looked into the mirror at myself I hardly recognised myself, I looked like I have lost a lot of weight, my bones beginning to stick out and I had dark bags under my eyes and overall I looked a mess.

I blow dried my hair, my arms aching as they moved across each section and decided to apply minimal makeup, the concealer covering any evidence of the tears I had shed and the darkness from the not sleeping. My hair being pulled up tightly into a ponytail, not caring much for neatness but rather looking put together. Now the time was 6:30 and I sat back on my bed just staring at the wall.

I reached over to my bedside drawer, opening the wooden drawer, it moved with a creak and grabbed my antidepressants, I haven't taken them the last few weeks as I was starting to feel better but today I wasn't feeling too great. I placed the pill into my mouth, a mouthful of water sending it down my throat. I don't know how long I stayed staring at that wall but then my phone rang, the annoying sound of the ringtone blaring in my ears as I checked the caller ID and it was Scott. I answered trying to let my voice sound as normal as possible after all the crying.

"Hey Li, you wanna come over to mine before school so I can tell you what happened with Derek last night?" He asked sounding as if he had just woken up, his groggy motioning voice evident and it was now I was realising how early I had actually awoke.