CHAPTER XIII - SHUT UP AND DRIVE

'i'll use your own words against you and rip your throat out with my teeth

'i'll use your own words against you and rip your throat out with my teeth.'

Each day that passed recently seemed to be anything but normal, they were now filled with the supernatural, werewolves were now no longer things we heard about in stories. Something told me I should have found that frightening, that monsters who have glowing eyes and sharp claws should be frightening except I had now become one myself. As a kid I was scared of such things, but how could I be scared of who I am.

In comparison to most people's lives, ours were filled with things over people saw as nightmares but to us, they were the new normal. Never had I used that word to describe myself, even without being what I am, I was never the most normal person to be around. Now, the word unusual seemed more than fitting.

Smooth was a word I would us to tell you about my day, things seemed to be going the way they should have until I was dragged away, away from the quiet, away from the warmth of my bed and into a car that quickly smelt of dog. The black Camaro was a vehicle I knew all to well, not just by the way it smelled but because I had been in it before, it was Dereks car. It was moving at a speed well above the limit, the tires screeching as they made turns and quick gasps of air left the boys mouths every few seconds.

Every few seconds I caught a gimpse of the car behind us, the blonde haired woman sat in the drivers seat and the smell of disgust coming from her. Kate Argent, chasing us with her car. Profanities and hard glares had been passed around our trio, the fight over who was the better driver being the question of the day and in the end, I ended up with my hand lanced on the wheel.

"Faster?" I asked the boys, the silence that loomed in the air being broken, the twos gaze moving from out of the tinted windows over to me, the car behind quick on our tail.

"Much faster." The boys replied in unison, my foot stepping harder on the gas, my eyes taking a nervous glance to the windscreen mirror only to see that even after gaining speed, we were still too close.

"Okay Li, I don't think you're really grasping the idea of a car chase." Stiles told me, the usual amount of sarcasm laced in his tone.

Yesterday was something I wished to never experience again, the feeling of homicidal rage, the feeling of loosing control of my own body, it was now a feeling I grew to hate. The light of the moon had changed me, my body couldn't bring itself to leave Stiles side and it was all because of this feeling, the urge to protect him that only seemed to grow as time passed.

"If I go any faster, I'll kill us you idiot." I retorted, my eyes sending a glare at the boys through the mirror but I couldn't help but let them longer on the plane boys face for a second longer. Something about him drew me in and I couldn't quite put my finger in what it was.

"If you don't go any faster, they'll kill us!" Scott shouted adding into the conversation, the franticness in him rather evident and once again, my foot pressed down harder. It was becoming an automatic response now, my eyes flickering to see the car behind us, except there no longer was one.