CHAPTER XIV - BAD BLOOD

'you hurt Stiles and his Jeep so now i'm going to hurt you

'you hurt Stiles and his Jeep so now i'm going to hurt you.'

There always things in the world that people didn't understand, certain things that remained a mystery and some secrets that were never shared. It was how the world worked, it was a continuous cycle of time that people followed and nobody stopped to question it. Nobody stopped to question how the concept of time had been created in the first place, how one day a person decided the idea of seconds, minutes, hours and that our lives would revolve around time.

It was inescapable that one day time would stop, that one day everybody would take their last breath and eat their last meal but there were some people in the world who didn't care. Some people found the concept of death rather morbid and it was, but there were also some people who found themselves tempting fate. Nobody knew how they were going to die, if they would make it long enough to meet their grandchildren or see humans inhabit the moon but some people lived in the moment. Some people didn't take the time they had on the earth for granted, they appreciated every moment.

Lilac Collins was not one of those people.

She knew that one day her fate would come, that one day she would look at her boys in the eyes for the last time, that she would take her final breath but sometimes she found herself thinking that time was closer than she imagined. Sometimes she saw herself taking advantage of the time she had and sometimes she found herself wishing it away. And sometimes, she found herself wishing she had no time left at all. But right now, she was content with things being the way they were.

There were things she would never give up, things she could never leave behind, things that kept her alive. Right now there were two things, or rather two people. Her boys. Scott and Stiles. Without those two she didn't think she would still be alive, they brought her out of her darkest time and she would forever be great full to them for it.

Time, time was something that didn't seem to be on their side. The alpha was a trickster, it walked the streets in disguise and nobody was any wiser. They were teenagers, people that should be worrying about what guy or girl was going to ask them to winter formal or what they were going to wear, but instead they found themselves worrying for their lives, and much of them they had left.

School lasted five days, five days of torture and useless knowledge and that left two days in a week. Those days were meant to relax, to forget about the stress of school but it was rather quickly that they found out that wasn't true, that no matter how much they tired to have a normal day, they would never get one. They would never be normal teenagers.

It was as she looked at the two boys, the way their brown eyes held exhaustion and how their skin was covered by dark bags that she realised how much this was taking over their lives, taking up their time. They were all clad in pyjamas, the tiredness had yet to leave their bodies as they sat. Crunching sounds heard throughout the brightly lit kitchen, a bowl of cereal in front of each of them and Lilac found herself enjoying the rare moment.