CHAPTER V - THANK YOU, NEXT

'this might be the dumbest thing we have ever done

'this might be the dumbest thing we have ever done.'

The sound of beeping machines and people clicking a giant keyboards began to infiltrate my ears, the masses of patients walking through the halls or being pushed around on gurneys. It was beginning to get dark outside, the sun beginning to set over the town and cast the blackness of the night instead. The inside was well lit, the bright lights scattering the ceiling were almost blinding.

I found myself following after my two best friends, each of their strides significantly larger than mine leading me to pick up my pace as they stepped through the doors of the hospital, a place I have grew to hate due to the memories I have here. The plan was one of complete stupidity and it was beginning to make me question the sanity of each of us.

Tonight, Scott had been the one to come up with the idea, to sneak into the morgue and catch a scent on the other half of the body that laid inside of the doors to see if it was the same as the grave sight he had found at Dereks house. The older wolf had apparently buried somebody at his house, a pile of overturned ground and piling soil. We would have been none the wiser to this secret, the fact going over our heads but Scotty decided to pay him a visit earlier and smeller he scent of a certain crimson red liquid.

No matter how stupid we believed the plan to be, our footsteps carried us deeper into the building, cautious with each step in hopes of not being caught by the betas mother. Nobody paid us a second glance, we were seemingly normal people walking through a hospital and it was rude to pry on the reason a person would be here. My eyes darted to every corner, my glasses making my vision clear as I checked we were clear from disturbance.

"This idea is stupid!" I told them in a whisper yell, voicing my very loud thoughts as I was already done with this plan.

"You're not even doing anything Li just sit here and wait for me with Stiles ok?" Scott replied, both of the boys having turned to look at me with glares and I sighed knowing they hated how negative I was.

"Fine." I groaned and rolled my eyes at the boys. The two always dragged me along with them, on all kinds of trouble and this seems kinda illegal. The possibility of being arrested looming in my mind and the look of disappointment from Noah that came along with it.

Both me and Stiles made our way to the waiting area, our pace slow as we saw no need to rush and took a seat on the blue chairs that were empty waiting for Scott. I began to move around in my seat, the hard surface digging against the bones of my skeleton, my ass hurts. I got up, the metal of the furniture too uncomfortable and decided to sit on Stiles lap.

"Li what the hell are you doing?" He asked seemingly uncomfortable with our current position as I sat down on him.

"Sitting on your lap what does it look like, the chairs are hurting my ass." I sassed back, to which he replied a whatever as he wiggled from underneath me seemingly trying to get more comfortable as I had done.