CHAPTER XXIV - NATIONAL ANTHEM

'is this supposed to scare me? or turn me on?'

It was the end of the school day and we did not in fact convince Derek that one of us is not the Kanima so we have plan b. We told Lydia there is a study group and then we hide out in Scott's house. Honestly what do you expect when you have the two boys plan, they're useless.

We were walking along with red head towards the front of school. I could tell she was suspicious and if I was her I would be too. Jackass was also coming along much to my protest.

"Where are we going?" Asked the strawberry blonde

"We're meeting Scott at his house." I told her

"Why didn't we just me him in the library." She asked confused

"Great idea, too late." Said my spastic best friend but the girl turned back around annoyed. She had no idea what was going on, no idea that there were some werewolves out to kill her.

"Wait-" she said but didn't finish as Jackass grabbed her arm pulling her towards the Jeep. God I hate him, he's such a dick.  After breaking up with Lydia, I don't think that anyone in the school actually likes him anymore. To be honest I don't blame them.

"Hey Jackson I need to talk to you." I said and he walked to where I was stood.

"What do you want Collins?" He asked me in his usual annoyed tone. I understand that he's had a hard life, being adopted, I was adopted too but I'm not a horrible person.

"I want to let you know that if you ever hurt Lydia again then I will drain you."I said but he looked completely confused. Oh right, he didn't know I was a vampire. He thought I was still a werewolf. Let's have some fun with this.

"What's that mean?" He asked

"Well Jackson, a lot of things changed when I came back from the dead and I'm not what you think I am anymore. I'm different." I said and he gulped. Good he was scared.

"What are you?" He asked and I sighed at the boy, so many questions for such a small brain. Me and him were actually friends in elementary school, best friends. People usually thought we were siblings, as if I would be related to Jackass. We stopped being friends after he started to bully Scott and Stiles, I didn't want to be friends with a bully. Even though I was adopted, my adoptive parents were my parents, they were the best. But they died and now I have nobody, except my friends who are like my family. He treats his family like dirt and I hate that about him. If he was my sibling and he spoke to our parents like that he would defiantly end up in the hospital. Anyways, back to the matter at hand.

"Well it starts with a v and ends with an e. And we drink blood." I said and I could see him try to figure it out, it wasn't that hard.He seemed to have solved it as he looked pale, scared.

"Y-you're a vampire." He asked as I nodded. He gulped once more. Damn I loved to scare people, especially Jackass.

"I'm stronger than any alpha and I can read you mind." I said and he looked even more nervous. He was hiding something. I didn't care much for what it was so we got in the jeep heading for Scotty boys house.