CHAPTER XXXII - SAY YES TO HEAVEN

'say hi to mom and dad for me

'say hi to mom and dad for me.'

We had made it back to the Stiles house and knocked on the front door. Noah answered and his eyes were filled with tears as he saw us. I probably looked like shit, mascara running down my face and my hair was probably ratted. Stiles had cuts and bruises littering his face that he refused to let me heal. The man pulled us into a tight hug before he pulled away ushering us into the house.

"What happened? Are you okay?" Asked the man as he glanced between the two of us.

"Yes we're fine Noah, some players from the opposite team took us." I said coming up with a lie. We couldn't exactly tell the man that Gerard had taken us, then we would have to tell him about the supernatural. That's a conversation for another time.

"I'm so glad you're both ok after everything that happened at the game. Did you hear about Jackson?" Asked the man next and I could feel a fresh set of tears form. Yes we had heard about the boy, Gerard had told us when we were kidnapped. My brother had died on the field. I'm not exactly sure how it happened but I'm almost positive that the old man had something to do with it. I was going to kill him for that, I don't care if the others don't agree, he was going to die for what he did. I tried tonight but I was weak, I'm stronger now.

"Yes" sighed Stiles as he grabbed my hand for comfort. His dad was remorseful as even though he knew the boy wasn't the kindest, it could have easily been one of us. He was our age, he didn't deserve to die. Jackson wasn't a bad person, he was just a broken one. I never got the chance to try and fix him.

"Do you think I could see his body?" I asked as a few tears fell from my eyes. The mans face softened at my expression before he sighed.

"I'm sorry Lilac, only family can see him." He said looking sad.

"I am family." I said and the man looked confused so I elaborated. "He's my brother. My twin brother." I said and the man looked shocked. Why wouldn't he be shocked? A girl he's known for her whole life was telling him she had a twin brother that he never knew about. Anybody hearing that would be shocked.

"How?" He asked confused as he stared intently at me, waiting for my answer. I took a deep breath before speaking.

"We only found out a couple weeks ago, the night he filed the restraining orders. I found the records from our adoptions." I said and the man sighed pulling me into a hug again. He didn't exactly know how to comfort the girl, she had lost her biological parents, her adoptive parents and now she had lost her brother. She had no other family. After Claudia died, the man tried to stay strong for his son, but he still had nights he would cry himself to sleep or drink a little bit too much to forget. She was only a child, no child deserves all that pain, all that loss.

"Maybe you should get some rest Lilac, I can take you to see his body tomorrow." He said and I pulled away from the man before nodding. I could tell he wanted to talk to his son so I left to wait in the boys room. I didn't listen in on their conversation.He wanted to talk to his son and I wasn't him so I didn't need to hear. I began to cry again, god I can't stop crying. My brother, who I had only just found out about and I had lost him. I was cut from my thoughts as the boy entered the room and came to sit beside me. He sighed upon noticing my state as he placed a hand over mine.