24 : The First Night

Royal palace of the kingdom of corea, The house of king

    Royal palace of the kingdom of corea, The house of king.. the only house which is spread over a vast mass of land that you can't take full look at from the entrance unless, you are in a helicopter or a plane.

   There were few people stood behind the king as me and my dad walked towards him crossing the staircase lined up with armed servants or should I say soldiers? Dressed in all black and white. King yeonjun's eyes were set on me making me feel self-conscious. I pushed back my already pushed back hair and tucked my dress downward making sure it looks nice in the presence of glorious and expensive palace which was practically shining before my eyes.

   As we got closer to the king he stepped forward and greeted my dad. His posture stiff as my damaged hair which I managed to make pretty by damaging them more using my hair straightener. My dad bowed at him deeply and I followed the suit. We made it inside the palace and settled in nearest large living room by the entrance of inner palace.

   "it's an honor to our family that my daughter is the chosen one for his highness. I apologize for the delay in sending my daughter in the palace I hope your highness will forgive me for this grave mistakes. " My dad said.

" it is fine Mr. Jung. I'm glad now that miss Jung are here." Yeonjun smiled at my dad and then looked at me. I quickly diverted my eyes looking down.

" thank you for your kindness your majesty. I will take my leave now that I have entrusted my precious daughter in your hands.."

" I give you my word, I will take care of miss Jung more than anything.. you can rest assure she will have all the best facilities in here and best servants to attend her."

" thank you so much your majesty. " My dad bowed again as he stood up from his seat.

" you can stay for a light snack Mr. Jung." the old court lady said.

" oh, it's okay.. thank you for the offer but, it would be rude to stay much longer in my daughters' future in laws home for me traditionally. I mustn't linger here more than this." My dad bowed to the king again taking his leave.

"if you say so.." king said quietly " court lady park will accompany you out of the palace." He said and the old court lady who from earlier bowed to his highness accepting his orders. My dad patted my head one last time telling me to,

" Don't throw any tantrums, keep your calm. Be kind and good to everyone." and walked out with court lady park guiding him out.

    It was now just me, the king, king's guard Mr. san and another court lady in stylish white pant suit. I checked my outfit again feeling insecure.

God I need to stop this feeling.. ' you are JUNG HAESOO! Best person in the whole world! Get your shit together! Remember you are the boss! ' I shook my head a little collecting myself.

"okay then... let me escort you to your bedroom suite.."

"huh?" I snapped out of my thoughts as I hear yeonjun. He was in front of me with his hand extended in front of me.