one.

{ outfit for the chapter above}

First Impressions

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Black sneakers trailed across the cream-colored tile flooring. The squeaking of the rubber ricocheted through the hallways of the school. Bouncing off the lockers and the ceilings as she made her through the building. The sounds mixed with feminine laughter.

"Yes, I know, B." She said into the phone, her laughter dying down.

"So how's being a high school teacher?"

"Like I've said the past thousand times you have asked. It's fine. I mean all I do is teach defenseless girls how to protect themselves against entitled dicks." She told him, bending down to adjust the black sneaker that was on her foot.

"Well, I am glad you are enjoying it."

"I am. Well, besides the classes I teach that have high school boys in it. They act like they know everything and it is just so-ugh." She complained to him on the phone.

"Sounds like you are having a blast, kiddo."

"For the last time I am not a kid." She groaned into the phone. As she did so, she pushed open the heavy gray metal door of the gymnasium with her back. During her time at the school, she had come to realize that going through the gym was a shorter route to the exit, rather than making a loop around the school.

"You will forever be a kid to me."

A goofy grin resided on her face as she replied, "You're very mean, you know that?"

"I am not."

Her bubbly laughter echoed through the gym, bouncing off the floor and walls. Unbeknownst to her, this attracted the attention of the people who were inhabiting the gym. Her gaze was trained on the flooring and her thoughts and mind were with her older brother, other than the surroundings.

"Yes you are, B. And you know it." She retorted into the phone, still blissfully unaware of the students that were in the gym, as well as the two original vampires.

"Fine. If I mean, then so are you."

"I am not!" She exclaimed into the phone, stomping her foot on the ground like a toddler. A pout making its way onto her lips, which only increased as she heard a deep rumble of laughter on the other side of the phone. "You are such an ass." She grumbled in annoyance, but even with that, there was a fond smile on her face.

"Miss Barnes, get out of here!!" She heard someone yell at her. The voice was unfamiliar to her, meaning that she clearly didn't have any of them in her classes.

"One sec, B." She muttered into the phone, before turning her gaze and attention towards the voices. As she did so, she saw some familiar faces, that were students in the school. But like she thought, none of them were any of her classes. And seeing how defenseless and weak some of them looked, they probably should have been. Looking at them she began to recognize a few of them from seeing them in the hallways and around town.