fifty-three.

can't outrun the past

~~~~~

Peace.

It was something that Elliot thought she would never come close to feeling.

She had been happy at some points in her life—content with what she had at the time. When she was younger, she had her brother and Steve. Both of whom made her pretty damn happy. She thought that she had everything she needed.

Then her life went to shit.

Bucky died—twice.

Steve went into the ice.

She got taken by Hydra.

She got tortured by Hydra.

She got her memories taken away by Hydra.

She escaped Hydra, only to get thrown into a world that she didn't know. One where she wasn't accustomed to the technology or the lifestyle or the way people acted or spoke—she knew nothing.

Then she reunited with Steve.

She made friends with Natasha.

Then Tony, then Thor, and some of the other Avengers.

Bucky turned out to be alive.

He didn't have any of his memories and he tried to kill her—multiple times.

Elliot got her brother back for real this time.

Another war broke out.

Natasha died.

Tony died.

Steve left.

Thor went off world.

And everyone went their separate ways.

Elliot was left with no one else but her brother, which is how it had always been and always would be. They moved into an apartment together and lived normally for a few months. For the first time, it felt like the two siblings were going to get a break from everything.

Then she got thrown right back into it.

She had vampires and werewolves and witches.

She dealt with terrorist, Hydra, and her brother losing her memories...again.

She got into a very complicated relationship.

She got hexed by a powerful witch, she left town, she killed herself for a moment before getting saved by another vampire. That then led to her getting in the middle of a witch sacrifice and saving a teenager, who coincidentally was a huge fangirl of both Elliot and her brother.