thirty.

succumbing to darkness

~~~~~

"You're my mission!!" Bucky's emotionless voice yelled at his younger sister.

Elliot's face immediately fell. This wasn't supposed to happen. All of this had been fixed. This type of stuff had been left in their past and here it was back in their present and in their future, courtesy of Hydra and all their loveliness.

Note the sarcasm.

The brunette quickly scrambled up to her feet before her older brother could get any closer to her. He threw another punch at her, but this time, she ducked out of the way and managed to get even farther away from him.

"Bucky..." She trailed off as he approached her again with an emotionless mask on his face. He then swung for her again. This time, she caught his metal fist with her own metal arm. But then she wasn't able to block the throw of his other hand as it collided with the side of her face, snapping it to the side.

Elliot could taste the salty metallic taste of blood in her mouth. She then let go of his arm and retreated from any further advances as she hid behind one of the black vans, making sure to not trip over any of the bodies that she had knocked out that were strewn across the floor.

The brunette sighed as her back leaned against the cool metal behind her. She never wanted this to happen again. All those times when the siblings were in the same facility in Siberia, the two were forced to fight against each other. Back then, they had no choice in the matter, they were simply two strangers fighting to see who wouldn't get punished by Hydra. But now, while Bucky was in a similar state as to how he was back then, Elliot was not. She was fully aware of her actions and the fact that she would have to be fighting her brother.

So at that moment, she decided that she wasn't going to be fighting back.

She was going to dodge, block, and prevent, but she wasn't going to make any offensive plays towards her older brother.

Clearly, she had become distracted as she soon heard footsteps getting closer to her. Turning her head, she saw her brother rounding the corner of the van and stalking towards her. Standing true to her decision, she ran around the other side of the vehicle before coming out in the middle of the clearing again.

"You can't run from me!!" Bucky shouted, making Elliot slightly on edge, remembering him saying the exact same words in the past before the Winter Soldier version of himself beat her to a bloody pulp.

More punches were thrown her way, but she continued to step away from each throw, barely dodging them. "Fight back!!" He yelled at her.

Blood trickled down her lips from the punches that had successfully been planted. "I'm not going to fight you!!"